Starwood Preferred Guest members have been eligible for earning Starpoints when drinking and dining at SPG properties, even when not staying, for years. You only need to present your SPG member card at the time of settling the bill. The property is supposed to fill out a credit card style slip and the points would show up (or maybe not) in your account few days later.
Now, Starwood has launched dining discounts at number of SPG hotels for Preferred Guest program members. There are more than 500 participating restaurants & bars. The discount varies from 10% to 30% depending of the venue. Individual properties have often offered dining discounts for in house guests.
The website interface for locating bars and restaurants, where these offers are valid, appears to be working well. I was able to locate 21 establishments in Abu Dhabi offering discounts. It clearly shows the discount offered by various restaurants.
There are separate regional Starwood Privilege programs that offer even greater dining discounts usually around 50%, but these are restricted for residents of these counties and packages are not sold for visitors.
Around the World in 5 Meals
This is a competition to promote the SPG Restaurants & Bars program. You need to choose five participating restaurants on the map and fill out your SPG number and email address. If you dine at any participating restaurant before the sweepstakes end, you will get an additional entry.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Starwood Preferred Guest® (“SPG”) “Around The World in 5 Meals” sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is only open to SPG members excluding employees (and their immediate families) of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (“Starwood”), its affiliates, its agencies or any other company or persons directly connected with the administration of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is applicable to individual members only and is not available to groups. All entrants must be 18 years of age or older and be members of the Starwood Preferred Guest (“SPG”) program at the time of entry and at the time of prize fulfilment. Membership in SPG is free. To enrol please visit SPG.com and complete your membership application. All participants shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and / or acceptance of the prize does not contravene any local laws or regulations in the country in which they are resident. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Sweepstakes and proof of eligibility must be provided on request. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- The entry period runs from March 27, 2012, at 00:00:00 a.m. Central European Time (“CET”) and ends June 29, 2012, at 23:59:59 p.m. CET.
- No booking or purchase is necessary. To enter, the participant must register online at [www.spgaroundtheworld.com] only one (1) registration is allotted for each member during the entry period. However, each time a participant dines at a participating restaurant located within a Starwood hotel (“Starwood Restaurant(s)”) during the entry period, they will automatically be granted an additional entry into the Sweepstakes.
- The winner will be drawn by Atom Marketing Ltd within ten (10) working days of entry period expiration on June 29, 2012. All valid entries received by this closing date will be eligible.
- The winner will be informed via email and/or telephone by July 13, 2012 — entrants must provide a working email address so that we can contact you. If a winner does not respond to such notification within five (5) working days, he or she will be disqualified and an alternative winner will be selected.
- The Prize: A ten (10) day round-trip for the winner and one (1) guest a total of two (2) persons) to visit and have one (1) meal at all five (5) Starwood Restaurants that formed their winning entry. The cost of each meal shall not exceed $300. The prize includes round-trip coach-class airfare to the five (5) destinations; two (2) nights’ standard room accommodation, double occupancy (cost of the hotel room and room tax/service charge only) at the Starwood otel at each destination; a breakfast (not exceeding $20) for each person every morning of the stay (room service is not included); there will be no money provided to cover spending money and/or expensesThe final route for the destinations shall be decided at SPG’s sole discretion. Retail value of the prize is $23,000.
- All expenses and incidental costs not expressly stated in the package descriptions listed in item 7 above, including but not limited to additional night’s lodging, transportation, parking, food and beverage, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at the hotel or otherwise, security fees, travel insurance (mandatory), souvenirs and incidentals, taxes, or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner and his or her guests and are not covered by SPG or Starwood.
- The winner and his or her guests are solely responsible for ensuring that they hold valid passports and any other documents necessary for travel, including but not limited to obtaining any necessary visas, the costs of which are not covered by SPG or Starwood.
- Lost, damaged or stolen tickets will not be replaced.
- The prize above is non-transferable and non-negotiable, and no cash alternative will be offered.
- SPG and Starwood reserves the right in its reasonable discretion to disqualify any entrant whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the terms and conditions or the intention of the sweepstakes, and to declare as void any or all entries based on such conduct.
- Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent and approval to provide a status update and photograph (“Update”) to Starwood or their representing agents at each of the five Starwood Restaurants. Each update must consist of a brief summary of winner’s experience at the Starwood Restaurant and a photograph of the winner at the Starwood Restaurant, and must be provided to Starwood or their representing agents by email within twenty-four (24) hours of each meal at the Starwood Restaurants.
- Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent and approval to SPG’s use of winner’s name, voice, image, likeness, country of residence and biographical information for the purpose of content creation, advertising, trade, promotion or PR, in any media throughout the world, without further payment or consideration. Furthermore, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent and approval over the right to be filmed and/or photographed throughout the duration of the winning trip. For the avoidance of doubt, SPG and Starwood shall own all and any materials or content featuring winner’s name, voice, image, likeness, country of residence and biographical information, and winner shall have no right of approval over these materials.
- By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless SPG, Starwood, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the sweepstakes, or receipt or use of any prize, including but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, receipt use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to punitive, incidental, consequential, direct or indirect damages.
- By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. All instructions form part of the rules.
- SPG’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Starwood and SPG reserve the right to amend or withdraw any part of this Sweepstakes at any time and without further notice. All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program Terms and Conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at SPG.com
- The Sweepstakes and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by UK Law.
- By entering in the Sweepstakes, Starwood and Starwood Preferred Guest, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates and agents (the “Released Parties”), are hereby indemnified of any countries, persons or entities from taking legal action against such parties.
- The prize winner’s name will be made public after 20 July, 2012 via the SPG Facebook page
Promoter: Starwood Preferred Guest, Starwood EAME Services, Company BVBA, Rue Brederode 2-6, 1000 Brussels, Belgium. Please do not send entries to this address.