SPG would like to get more likes on Facebook and is giving out 100 points for liking and filling out a short form. You need to be a Facebook member and like SPG to be eligible for this offer by midnight EDT on 23rd of May, 2012. They will also randomly select ten members that will each get 100K Starpoints.
By liking SPG, you will start seeing messages from SPG on your Facebook stream. You can always dislike SPG once the points have posted and the raffle for 100K SPG is over.
Here are the terms of this promotion:
Official Rules. No Purchase Required to Enter or Win.
1. ELIGIBILITY: All members with a valid SPG® member number are eligible to receive 100 bonus Starpoints® as part of the You Like US, We Like You Back Promotion (“Promotion”). The Sweepstakes component is open only to legal residents of the United States (including the District of Columbia but excluding Florida), Canada (excluding Quebec), Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Belgium, China, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Philippines, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom who are 18 years of age or older, have reached the age of majority in their respective jurisdictions at the time of entry, and are members of the Starwood Preferred Guest® program. Employees of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. SPONSOR: The Promotion is sponsored by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (“Starwood”), One StarPoint, Stamford, CT 06902 (“Sponsor”).
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins on May 17, 2012, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on May 23, 2012, (“Promotion Period”). Entries submitted prior to or after the Promotion Period will be disqualified.
5. TO PARTICIPATE: You must be a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest program at the time of entry and at all subsequent times throughout the Promotion Period. Membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest program is free. Visit www.spg.com/join or call 888-625-4988 to enroll. The Sponsor will validate member accounts before the 100 bonus Starpoints will be awarded.
6. TO ENTER: Visit spg.com/fb100k (the Starwood Preferred Guest Facebook page) and complete the form to receive 100 bonus Starpoints. All information submitted must be valid. The Sponsor will secure all information entered as part of the Promotion and will only use the information provided to validate members and award the bonus Starpoints. Your submission is also valid for one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, incorrect or misdirected entries; interrupted or unavailable network servers; or other connection miscommunications, failed phone or computer or telephone transmissions, or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic that may affect the Sweepstakes. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple email or wireless phone numbers or accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void the entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system or agency relationship to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute in regards to any entry or registration, the authorized account holder of the SPG account used to enter register will be deemed to be the entrant.
7. DRAWING: The 10 Sweepstakes winners will be selected in a computerized random drawing on or about May 25, 2012. The drawing will be conducted on Sponsor’s behalf in St. Paul, MN, by Interactive Games, an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners via mail, email or telephone.
8. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNERS: Except where prohibited, the potential winners will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) and IRS Form W-9 (or IRS Form W-8 if outside the U.S.) within seven (7) days of being notified. If the potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period or a potential winner declines, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all eligible entries received. For residents of Canada only, potential winners will be required to correctly and without any assistance answer a time-limited mathematical skill testing question administered by telephone in order to receive a prize.
9. PRIZES:All members who submit the form accurately and completely on SPG’s Facebook page are eligible for the 100 bonus Starpoints. Member accounts will be validated before the 100 bonus Starpoints are awarded. The ten (10) Grand Prize Sweepstakes Winners will each be awarded one hundred thousand (100,000) bonus Starpoints. Approximate Retail Value US$2,500.00. Starpoints will be deposited in winner’s account within 4–6 weeks. All SPG program rules apply and are available at www.spg.com. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the Prize and event date with another prize of equal or greater value if the Prize(s) are not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Prize(s) are not refundable or transferable and must be accepted as awarded.
10. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes and regardless of whether you are a winner, you grant the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates and licensees an exclusive, irrevocable license to use, alter, adapt, publish, distribute, copy, exhibit, display, market, promote, advertise, publicize and otherwise exploit your name, signature, likeness and photograph(s), as well as additional photographs, video footage or other images that the Sponsor may take of you or your designated guest, if you are a winner (in their sole discretion), in whole or in part, in any manner and for whatever purpose Sponsor shall elect, in any and all languages, and in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed, including but not limited to website, television, radio and/or printed materials, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission. You or your designated guest shall not claim or be entitled to receive any compensation or credit for such use.
11. PRIVACY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, and by providing any information in connection with this Sweepstakes to Sponsor, each entrant authorizes Sponsor to collect, process and use such information for lawful, Sponsor business-related purposes; to store such information at and transmit it to various locations throughout the world, either directly or through third-party vendors, whether within your country of residence, the United States or elsewhere, in accordance with our Privacy Statement available at starwoodhotels.com.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including but not limited to typographical errors, fraud, virus or other technical problem, or any condition caused by events beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, creating multiple accounts to increase his/her chances, or acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants and their designated guests agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes, or receipt or use of any prize, including but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, receipt use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, incidental, consequential, direct or indirect damages. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, or acts of terrorism.
14. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
15. SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: To find out the name of the Sweepstakes winners after May 30, 2012, send request to SPGfacebook@starwoodhotels.com.
16. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
17. Participant is providing information to Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. and not to Facebook.