Holiday Inn Resorts have stated a Winter Break Promotion for a free night certificate after two night stay. The offer is valid for stays between November 23 and February 28, 2013. You need to register for this offer here or you can use priority.com/register and use promotional code 7842. This promotion sounds nice but the terms and conditions really kill it.
After you register for the promotion, you will receive an email confirming the registration and you can check the status of the offer on My Offer Status tab on Priority Club’s website.
Here’s the list of participating properties:
Holiday Inn® Waikiki Beachcomber Resort
Holiday Inn Resort® Aruba
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco
Holiday Inn Resort Puerto Vallarta
Holiday Inn Resort Castle I-Drive
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista
Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach Gulf Front
Holiday Inn Resort Wilmington E-Wrightsville Bch
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George-Turf
The Lodge at Eagle Crest, a Holiday Inn Resort
The Lodge at Running Y Ranch, a Holiday Inn Resort
The Beach House, a Holiday Inn Resort
Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On the Beach
When you have look at the terms and conditions of this promotion and how you can redeem the free night, you may found out all the hurdles and inconveniences you need to go through:
- The “free” night is only applicable for 2 night stay that you need to book using a dedicated phone number. You lose the cashback on the paid night that you could have earned using one of the cashback portals.
- You need to request the use of the free night at least 45 days in advance of your stay.
- The rate you need to book in conjunction of the free nights is Advance Purchase.
- You need to claim the award on specific website within 30 days after receiving an email that you have earned it but after claiming have one year to use it.
- The maximum value of the free night is capped at $400 and is used for the least expensive night.
There is special option for the Holiday Inn Waikiki. Two night stay at this property earns you two free nights at the same property for up to a maximum value of $600. Not sure if you need to book a four night stays to be eligible for the two nights. Most likely, I guess.
If all the nights are same value, the value of this award is basically 25% off. You have to pay for total of 3 nights to get one “free”. This promotion first sounds much better than it actually is.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Offer is open to legal residents of the 50 U.S., including DC.
- You must register your Priority Club® Rewards Number in advance of your two night stay at www.holidayinnresorts.com/freenight and your stay must be completed between November 23, 2012 and February 28, 2013 to be eligible for free night Award. If you are not already a Priority Club Rewards member you may join for free at www.priorityclub.com. A stay is defined as two consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out. A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Qualifying Room Rates do not include the following reduced room rates: net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, Priority Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, complimentary hotel stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate. Also excluded are opaque rates and “name your own price” rates (where hotel name, location and/or rate not visible until after booking is submitted).
- You must claim your Winter Break Promotion Award (“Award”) online within 30 days of receipt of the Award email at www.activateaward.com before using it (“Award Registration”). Only the person who initially received the Award can claim it and redeem it and must be the traveler. A toll free number to make Award travel reservations will be provided upon Award Registration. Award travel reservations must be made through this number.
- Award travel must be completed within one (1) year of Award Registration.
- Questions regarding the promotion may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Award may be redeemed for a single free hotel night at any Holiday Inn Resort location in North America, excluding the Waikiki Beachcomber, up to a maximum value of $400. For a list of eligible resorts visit: www.HolidayInnResorts.com. If you stay at the Waikiki Beachcomer property for two (2) consecutive nights, you will be eligible for two (2) free nights, up to a maximum value of $600, for redemption for another stay at the Waikiki Beachcomer property, using the same process as described herein.
- Stays to utilize the Award must be a minimum of two consecutive nights, and the Award’s value will be used to cover the cost of the night(s) with the lowest cost. The Award’s value will be applied to a standard room. If you wish to stay in a higher category room you may apply the Award’s value to that room’s cost by paying the difference in rate.
- Awards redeemed for stays in Hawaii require the purchase of airfare to Hawaii. Airfare and the hotel nights must be booked at the same time.
- Room inventory is subject to the availability of IHG’s Advance Purchase Rate. Blackout dates may apply.
- Full payment of any amount beyond the value covered by the Award must be made at the time of booking using a major credit card.
- All Award travel must be booked through ATG (CST# 2001330-10 and Florida Seller of Travel Registration #35395, and Nevada Seller of Travel Registration No. 240000054), using the toll-free phone number provided upon Award Registration.
- Travel must be booked at least 45 days in advance of departure.
- The office that will book your travel is open from 8:30AM to 5:00PM (Pacific Time) Monday through Friday, and closed on holidays. Please consider the hours of operation when booking your travel. You may need to call more than 45 days in advance of departure to reach an agent during business hours.
- This offer is subject to the availability of hotel and airline inventory at the time of reservation, so the farther in advance you can make your travel plans the easier it will be to accommodate your specific preferences.
- Travelers are subject to all rules and regulations of the issuing airline and/or hotel property, including but not limited to refunds, exchanges, cancellations or changes of itinerary. The names of the travelers cannot be changed. Changes or cancellations to the original booking may be subject to additional fees charged by the airline or hotel. Changes and/or cancellations to the original booking must be made through ATG. If changes are made directly with the hotel or airline, the Award will be voided and the discount may be charged back to the purchaser’s credit card.
- Only one Award can be redeemed per trip. This Award cannot be combined with any other promotional program.
- ATG has no control over schedule changes, cancelled or oversold flights. Remedies for these situations are at the discretion of the validating carrier and subject to federal regulations.
- ATG has final authority on all ticketing, pricing, and availability decisions.
- Only one award may be redeemed per trip per household. Multiple awards may not be used for guests in the same party.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change. For complete, up-to-date information, please go to www.holidayinnresorts.com/freenight