American Airlines has launched a new promotion called “Get caught daydreaming” that they just emailed about. American is trying to promote their AAdvantage Award Map (fairly useless for me) that you can use to plan your award trip. This map product was released earlier this year and you can read my take about it here.
American is giving away 25,000 for one winner every day between June 26 and July 24, 2013.
But I wouldn’t write about this IF it was only for a chance of winning 25,000 American Airlines miles, because the likelihood would be very low.
The best part of this promotion, however, is that you can get 2500 award rebate for one award booking between that is done using this map between June 26 and July 24, 2013, for travel between September 4 and November 20, 2013. Note that you can take advantage of this award discount only once.
This is a nice 2500 mile award rebate if you can book an award trip using the AA’s map tool for travel between the eligible dates and book it by July 24, 2013.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
AMERICAN AIRLINES AADVANTAGE “CAUGHT YOU DAYDREAMING” SWEEPSTAKES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE.
2. TO ENTER: The American Airlines AAdvantage “Caught You Daydreaming” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) commences on 11:59 a.m. Central time (“CT”) on June 26, 2013 and ends 11:59 p.m. CT on July 24, 2013 (the “Promotion Period”). During Promotion Period complete an official entry form in the manner listed below. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. on July 24, 2013. Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of American Airlines, Inc. (“American Airlines” or “Sponsor”) and will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned.
To enter: (i) visit https://secure.fly.aa.com/daydream; (ii) watch the brief video posted; (ii) click on the button labeled “Take Me to the Award Map” (“Map”); (iii) interact with the Map as suggested to see where entrant’s miles can take them; and (iii) and complete all required fields on the online entry form, submit as requested and receive one (1) entry into Sweepstakes. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Entrants will be notified automatically on screen if they have won a Prize (hereinafter defined). There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per each day of the Promotion Period.
3. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes open to individuals legally residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age (19 in Alabama and Nebraska, 21 in Mississippi) or older at the time of entry; provided, however, that entry cannot be made from a computer, mechanical device, or electronic device at a place of business in the State of Georgia. Employees and agents of Sponsor, Administrator and each of their parents and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ and agents’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
4. PRIZE DETAILS AND MILES EARN BACK RELATED TERMS. Twenty-nine (29) Winners will each receive 25,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles which may be used for air transportation on American Airlines or its “Airline Associates” (American Eagle, Executive Airlines or the American Connection® carrier), oneworld® airlines or select AAdvantage® participating airlines, car rentals, hotel stays and other awards available at AA.com/redeem, the (“Prize”). (Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $497.50. Total ARV of all Prizes: $14,427.50
American Airlines AAdvantage® Miles “Earn Back”: For each entrant’s first Eligible Entry (hereinafter defined) into the Sweepstakes, entrant will receive a 2,500 AAdvantage® miles redemption (the “Miles Earn Back”) provided that the entrant books award travel using AAdvantage miles only with the Map during the time period of June 26 through July 24, 2013 and the corresponding travel is taken by entrant between September 4, 2013 and November 20, 2013. The AAdvantage® miles will be credited back to the entrant’s AAdvantage® account (as registered for the Sweepstakes). Approximate Retail Value of the Miles Earn Back is $49.75. Limit one (1) Mileage Earn Back per person.
All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries”.
If AAdvantage® miles are redeemed for air transportation, Winners and Miles Earn Back recipients are responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from their departure and arrival city. Winners and Miles Earn Back recipients are responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. AAdvantage® flight awards are subject to, and the passenger is responsible for, the September 11th Security Fee of up to $10 per round-trip, applicable departure taxes, federal inspection fees, passenger facility charges of up to $18.00, depending on itinerary, and any other taxes and fees imposed by a government entity (U.S. or foreign) of up to $190 based on destination; total may vary slightly based upon currency exchange rate at time of purchase, as well as any fees or surcharges (including fuel surcharges) imposed by the carrier. U.S. government excise tax is a user tax to pay for airport construction and airway safety and operations. If ticketing is less than 21 days prior to departure, a $75.00 expedite charge will apply (waived for AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, AAdvantage® Platinum and AAdvantage® Gold members using miles from their account). A ticketing service charge of up to $35.00 will apply when ticketing via Reservations, American Airlines Travel Center or an Airport Ticket Office. (The ticketing service charge is waived for involuntary changes, reissued tickets, AAdvantage award tickets issued within 21 days of travel and an expedite charge has been collected, AAirpass® tickets, Government/military fare tickets, and prepaid tickets.) Some of these taxes, fees and other amounts may be due upon booking/ticketing the AAdvantage® award travel. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will be credited to the AAdvantage® account of each Winner, who must provide a valid AAdvantage® membership number in order to receive the mileage credit. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles awarded in this Sweepstakes will not count toward elite status qualification, Million Milersm status or any other promotional benefit that American Airlines may offer in the AAdvantage® program. Winners who are not AAdvantage® members may join at no cost online at www.aa.com and click on AAdvantage® or by calling the AAdvantage® membership desk at 1-800-882-8880. The credited miles may thereafter be redeemed in any manner consistent with the AAdvantage® program Terms and Conditions, which are subject to change at any time without notice and can be found at www.aa.com/aadvantage when you click on Program Details and then click on AAdvantage® Terms and Conditions. Determination of income tax liability on AAdvantage® travel awards is the responsibility of the Winner. American Airlines may, among other things, (i) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any award; (ii) change program benefits, mileage levels, participant affiliations, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining or forfeiting mileage credit, or rules for the use of travel awards; or (iii) add travel embargo dates, limit the number of seats available for award travel (including, but not limited to, allocating no seats on certain flights) or otherwise restrict the continued availability of travel awards or special offers. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. American Airlines may make any one or more of these changes at any time even though such changes may affect your ability to use the mileage credit or awards that you have already accumulated. AAdvantage® travel awards, accrued mileage credits and special offers are subject to government regulations. American Airlines is not responsible for products and services offered by other participating companies. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visitwww.aa.com/aadvantage. Sponsor is not liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Flight schedules subject to change without notice.
5. AWARDING OF PRIZES. Beginning on [insert date], a random drawing will be conducted each day during the Promotional Period (for a total of 30 days) from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor, whose independent judging organization (“Administrator”) will select the Winner. One (1) winning message will be generated each day during the 29-day Promotional Period. A “day” is defined as 12:00 a.m. – 11:59 p.m. each day. If you are the first to enter at a randomly determined winning date and time, as determined and verified by Sponsor, or if no one enters at such date and time and you are the first to enter immediately after such date and time, as determined and verified by Sponsor, you will receive a winning message. If the entrant receives a winning message, the entrant will be deemed a potential Winner pending confirmation and verification of entrant’s eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
The Administrator’s and Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The potential Winners will be notified by E-mail. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a Prize constitutes The potential Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (which affirms that he/she has complied with these rules) as well as a liability release, and where legal, a publicity release, each of which, if issued, must be completed, signed and returned within fourteen (14) days from date of issuance, or the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner. Winner’s consent to use of his/her name and/or photograph without further compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes by Sponsor. By accepting a Prize, Winners acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules. In the event for any reason that a Winner meets the eligibility requirements stated herein but has not reached the age of majority in his/her jurisdication of residence, the foregoing documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such Prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of minor’s parent/legal guardian. P rizes are provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash redemption or Prize substitution allowed by a Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize or Miles Earn Back of equal or greater value if advertised Prize or Miles Earn Back become unavailable.
6. ODDS. Odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of Eligible Entries received and the corresponding time of receipt of those Eligible Entries.
7. SECOND DRAWING FOR PRIZES: If any Prizes are not awarded by the end of the Promotional Period, a second drawing will be conducted by Administrator on or about July 31, 2013 from among all non-winning Eligible Entries in order to award any unclaimed Prizes, (“Second Drawing”). The odds of winning a Prize in the Second Drawing will depend on the total number of non-winning Eligible Entries received and the total number of un-awarded Prizes. Prizes unclaimed after the Second Drawing will go un-awarded.
9. TAXES. Any valuation of the Prizes stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the Prizes will be taxable to Winners as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winners must provide the Administrator or Sponsor with valid identification and a signed IRS Form W-9 before any Prize will be awarded. United States residents that win $600 or more in Prizes will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. You must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
10. OTHER CONDITIONS. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Official Rules, or (c) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned by Sponsor. In the event of modification or suspension, Sponsor shall award the Prizes to Winners to be selected in a random drawing as specified in Section 8 herein. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, Administrator and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any Prize or Miles Earn Back or participation in any Sweepstakes-related travel or other activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). The use of third-party software or website or automated entry systems to participate is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made in such fashion. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. In the event the number of winning messages exceeds the number of Prizes listed in these Official Rules due to computer, mechanical typographical, printing, electronic seeding, or any other error, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing from among the eligible non-suspect and valid winning message Prize claimants to award the number of Prizes specified herein. In no event will more than the stated number of Prizes specified in these Official Rules be awarded. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Additional restrictions may apply.
11. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prizes or Miles Earn Back awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Fort Worth, Texas; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
12. WINNERS’ LIST. The names of the Winners will be posted on the AA.com® website at www.aa.com/winners on or about August 9, 2013.
13. ADMINISTRATOR. The Marketing Arm Inc., 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800, Dallas, TX 75201
14. SPONSOR. American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.
American Eagle® service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., Executive Airlines, Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., or Republic Airline Inc. The American Connection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc.
AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, American Eagle, Executive Airlines and American Connection are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
oneworld is a trademark of oneworld Alliance, LLC
Copyright 2013 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.