SPG has a new offer for American Airlines AAdvantage members that stay at Aloft, Element or Four Points hotels in North America between June 1 and December 31, 2013, for 1000 bonus miles per stay and $10 F&B (food and beverage) credit.
You must choose airline direct deposit and have American Airlines as the airline partner. You need to book SSBMILES rate offer to be eligible for the bonus miles. You can access SPG’s website for this offer here.
SPG has exactly the same promotion for US Airways Dividend Miles members as well that I wrote about three weeks ago. You can access that article here.
Here’s the rate display for Four Points LAX
I checked for a date for midweek one night stay in July.
The 1000 bonus miles rate is about $24 more expensive than the lowest AAA rate. Seems that at least in this instance the 1000 bonus miles rate is the same as the best flexible rate.
This promotion could be worthwhile for those that collect American Airlines miles IF the rate under this offer is not inflated compared to discount rates.
Even if you collect American Airlines miles, it might be better to credit to US Airways that currently has a 50% bonus on car rental and hotel transactions that are direct deposited to Dividend Miles. You can read more about this promotion here. US Airways Dividend Miles will become AAdvantage miles sometime in 2014 after merger between these two airlines is finalized.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Offer is valid at participating Four Points by Sheraton, Aloft and Element Hotels & Resorts in North America.
- Offer is valid for eligible stays booked and completed between June 1, 2013 and December 31, 2013.
- Offer includes $10 food and beverage credit and 1,000 bonus American Airlines AAdvantage® miles per eligible stay.
- To receive miles in lieu of Starpoints®, recipient must participate in the Airline Direct DepositSM portion of the Starwood Preferred Guest program. With Airline Direct Deposit, Starpoints earned from eligible hotel stays and select bonus offers will be converted automatically into miles, will be credited to your American Airlines AAdvantage® account and may not be transferred back to your SPG account. If recipient does not participate in Airline Direct Deposit, Starpoints will be earned in the Starwood Preferred Guest program.
- All American Airlines AAdvantage program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit aa.com/aadvantage.
- This offer is valid only for members of the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) program. A valid SPG member card is required at check in to receive this offer. Membership is free. To become a SPG member, visit SPG.com.
- 1,000 bonus miles per stay will be credited by American Airlines to the member’s account within 4-6 weeks of the stay posting to the member’s Starwood Preferred Guest account.
- Advance reservations are required and should be made using Rate Plan SSBMILES.
- Cancellation policies may vary by participating property. Please refer to Terms & Details during booking for more information.
- An eligible stay is defined as 1 or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-in or check-outs that occur.
- Rates are per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and availability at time of reservation and do not include additional per room, per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes.
- A limited number of rooms may be available at these rates.
- Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.
- Offer not applicable to groups.
- Not to be combined with other offers or promotions and subject to change.
- Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
- Starpoints, SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, Le Méridien, The Luxury Collection, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.