Seem that Hyatt and SPG are not the only two trying to woo rewards members that have not had stays for a while. Now, Marriott has sent the following “Welcome Back To More Rewards” offer to members that have not had stays for some time.
If you received this offer, you have been auto-enrolled for getting a free night category 1-4 certificate for every two stays during the sign up month + following three months. The maximum number of certificates that you can earn is maxed at two.
You can combine this promotion with other Marriott promotions for even more free nights or bonus points. Note that as this is a targeted offer there is no website link that I can provide to register for it.
It certainly makes sense to try get former rewards members get active with the program again. What wold be better than offering free nights?
The only problem is that there are very few good category 1-4 properties in places people want to g/stay at. I have had very good luck using these in Middle East & Asia, where the award categories of many full service hotels are still reasonable.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Credit toward this promotion is given for stays with Marriott hotels beginning the day after registration through the end of the month plus an additional three (3) months.
- Qualifying members will receive up to two Marriott Rewards® e-certificates for a standard room type at a Category 1-4 location valid for 12 months from the date of issuance.
- An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
- At Residence Inn® and TownePlace Suites®, e-certificates are for a studio or one bedroom.
- A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- The e-certificate cannot be upgraded for use at Category 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 properties. However, you may use additional Marriott Rewards points to upgrade your room type at Category 1-4 locations.
- Marriott Rewards e-certificates are valid only in connection with individual travel and are not applicable to group travel, package tours, conventions or other special rates and/or package programs.
- A Marriott Rewards e-certificate may be used to pay for the expense of your room and related room taxes only. The e-certificate may not be used to pay for food, beverage, service charges, other taxes or other incidental expenses.
- You will not earn Marriott Rewards points for room charges or room tax covered by Marriott Rewards e-certificates.
- The Marriott Rewards e-certificate is good for one night, for one room only, and does not count toward Elite level membership.
- The Marriott Rewards e-certificate is non-transferable and has no cash value.
- Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit.
- Marriott Vacation Club owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit.
- The details of this offer are not transferable.
- All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.