Marriott Rewards has a bonus for referring new members to their program. Both the referrer and the referee will receive 2000 bonus points for the first five stays that the referee makes within 365 days after joining to the program through the referrer’s link.
As a referrer, you can get bonus for up to five new members in a calendar year.
You can access this offer on Marriott’s website here.
Refer up to 5 new members each calendar year.
Earn 2,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points for each stay your referrals make beginning with their first paid stay, up to 5 stays per referral. That’s 50,000 bonus points for you.
Your friends will also earn 2,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points beginning with their first paid stay, up to 5 stays. That’s 10,000 bonus points for them, in addition to the base points they’ll earn.
Stays at any participating hotels qualify, and must be made within 365 days of enrollment.
Most of the other programs have gone away with these “Refer-A-Friend” promotions, but I am glad that Marriott still has theirs. If you don’t have friends in the program that could refer you, just drop me an email and I can have the invite emailed to you.
Here are the terms and conditions of the promotion:
Marriott Rewards® members can earn up to 50,000 bonus points each calendar year by referring friends & colleagues into the Refer A Friend program.
- Sponsor a new member through the Refer a Friend program
- Each time the new member makes a stay, the sponsoring member receives 2,000 bonus points, up to 5 stays
- Members can sponsor up to 5 new members each year (calendar)
- Your referrals will also earn 2,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points beginning with their first paid stay, up to 5 stays. That’s 10,000 bonus points in addition to the base points they’ll earn.
- Stays your referrals make at any participating Marriott® hotel qualify, and must be made within 365 days of enrollment.
- New members must sign up through the Refer A Friend channels and provide their sponsor’s name and Marriott Rewards account number.
- Channels include MarriottRewards.com/ReferFriends or by calling Customer Support at 800-450-4442 in U.S. and Canada and referencing the Refer A Friend program.
- Sponsor must be a member in good standing with the Marriott Rewards Program.
- Sponsorships are limited to 5 new members each calendar year. New members who join through the Refer A Friend program must designate Marriott Rewards points as their earning preference.
- Miles earning preference is not an option with the Refer A Friend program.
- Should any of the initial 5 stays be retroactively deducted from the new member’s account, the bonus points will also be deleted from the sponsor’s account.
- New members cannot retroactively designate a sponsor. Sponsorship must be determined at the time of new member’s enrollment.
- Marriott Rewards reserves the right to end the Refer A Friend program at any time.
- A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent in the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- Full Marriott Rewards Terms & Conditions apply; visit Marriott Rewards Terms & Conditions to review.
- Participating brands: EDITION®, JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Gaylord Hotels®, Marriott Hotels®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Courtyard by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, AC Hotels by MarriottSM, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott® and MOXY HotelsSM. Stays at our exclusive luxury partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.