Hilton HHonors used to allow Visa Infinite cardholders to upgrade their status just typing some of the card numbers online, but this was soon discontinued (as many were just faking the card numbers).
The Hilton HHonors Gold status is still, however, benefit of having a Visa Infinite card in Central Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia (excluding Japan).
This offer is currently valid until December 31, 2014.
There is MasterCard related offer for SPG Gold status after one stay in Asia Pacific (access here).
LoyaltyLobby has many readers in Europe and Asia that can take advantage of this Hilton HHonors status upgrade.
Hilton HHonors Gold is the best mid-level hotel loyalty program status that comes with complimentary breakfast, space available upgrades and lounge access.
Here are the terms and conditions of this Hilton HHonors Gold upgrade offer:
- Offer is valid only for Visa Infinite cardholders issued in Asia Pacific (except Japan), Central Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- To enjoy the complimentary upgrade to Hilton HHonors Gold membership, cardholders must enrol by 31 December 2014 by contacting Visa Infinite Concierge.
- Upgrade to Hilton HHonors Gold status will take place up to 10 working days after registration through Visa Infinite Concierge, and the Hilton HHonors Gold Status Membership kit will be mailed out in 6 to 8 weeks.
- Hilton HHonors Gold status benefits are not transferable.
- If you cancel your card for any reason, your complimentary HHonors Gold status will be cancelled.
- Hilton HHonors reserves the right to change, modify, or revoke this offer at any time.
- To learn more and for full details regarding Gold status, visit HHonors.com/MemberBenefits.
- Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™ and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions, HHonors.com/Terms.