The email state that the offers is targeted and only available for those that it was emailed to.
You can access the promo registration using this new links here (may trigger the 1,000 points bonus).
Here’s the body of the email:
Here are some articles from last year about IHG account issues after registering for targeted offers:
It is weird that IHG Rewards Club emailed me this offer, although I signed up for Set Your Sights the day it was introduced and have almost completed it all by now (two more nights needed).
Remember that IHG Rewards Club froze/close some member accounts in 2014 that signed up for promotions that they were not targeted for. I have not heard anything similar recently. You can always email me if you have issues with IHG Rewards Club or any other loyalty program.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
• This exclusive offer is valid and applies to the original IHG® Rewards Club member who receives this email (hereafter referred to as the “Member”). Forwarded messages of any type will not be acknowledged.
• From 6 February 2015 to 31 March 2015, the member will receive 1,000 IHG® Rewards Club bonus points after completing the registration for Set Your Sights with his/her own membership account (“own membership account” refers to the IHG® Rewards Club membership number specified in this email).
• Please allow 4 to 6 weeks after the completion of the activity for points to be credited into the member’s own account.
• IHG reserves the right to rescind the member’s eligibility for this offer or cancel his/her membership if fraudulent use of the offer is detected.
• For complete Terms and Conditions of the Set Your Sights promotion, please visit ihg.com/terms_sys. Other terms and conditions may also apply. This promotion is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions. IHG reserves the right to modify the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.