Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) has just launched a dedicated web page for government and military rates available for qualified guests.
Note that only a qualified government or military ID must be shown at the time of checking in per the terms and conditions. No travel orders or having to be on official business is required (check individual hotel requirements as well).
You can access Starwood’s web page for this rate type here.
The Starwood’s websites indicates that these rates would be valid Thursday to Monday, but that is not the case with many or most of the hotels.
Just a word of warning. Do not book this rate type unless you have qualified ID.
Government and military rates are often great for stays in the United States, as the rates are capped by the government.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Offer is valid at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
- Book online, call your travel professional, or call (877) 782-0108 and mention GO.
- Guests must be government employee or active military and must show valid government identification at check in.
- Not valid for government contracted vendors.
- Rates are per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and availability at time of reservation and do not include additional per room, per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes.
- A limited number of rooms may be available at these rates.
- Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.
- Offer not applicable to groups.
- Not to be combined with other offers or promotions and subject to change.
- Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
- Starpoints, SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, Le Méridien, The Luxury Collection, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.