Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) has just launched their Take Two promotion for stays between January 11 – April 30, 2016.
You earn double Starpoints for stays of two nights or longer at all properties and extra 250 Starpoints per night at select properties.
You can access and register for this offer here.
READ MORE: SPG Rate & Bonus Points And Miles Promotions
Note that the 250 bonus Starpoints per night aspect of this promotion is valid for stays of even one night.
It is good that all the properties are participating to the double Starpoints offer. This promotion, however, doesn’t do anything for those whose stays are one nighters unless at those properties that offer the 250 bonus Starpoints per night.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
Registration: SPG® Members must register online at spg.com/taketwo by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on April 10, 2016. Registered members can earn bonus Starpoints® for each eligible stay of two or more nights at any participating Starwood hotels and resorts and an additional 250 bonus Starpoints for any night at select participating Starwood hotels and resorts and at participating SPG Partner Hotels between January 11 and April 30, 2016 (the “Promotion Period”). A list of participating hotels and resorts for the bonus 250 Starpoints can be found at spg.com/taketwo and is subject to change.
Earning: Registered SPG Members will earn double Starpoints on eligible stays of two or more nights between January 11 and April 30, 2016, at any SPG-participating Starwood hotels and resorts. Members who earn double Starpoints will earn an additional two (2) Starpoints per eligible US$1 spent (for a total of four  Starpoints per dollar spent). Elite-level extra Starpoints earnings and other bonuses will not be doubled. Only the base two-Starpoints-per-dollar earnings are doubled. There is no limit on the number of bonus Starpoints that can be earned during the promotion period. Additionally, registered SPG members will earn 250 Starpoints per night at select participating hotels and resorts. The complete list of hotels participating for the additional 250 Starpoints bonus can be found at spg.com/taketwo. Offer is eligible with other Starpoints promotions; however, each offer will award bonus Starpoints independently of each other.
Bonusing: Double and bonus Starpoints will post to the registered Member’s account within 2–4 weeks after the qualifying stay posts.
Eligible Stays and nights: An eligible stay is defined as two or more consecutive nights paying an eligible rate in the same hotel, regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur, and posting to the member’s Starwood Preferred Guest® account. An eligible night is defined as at least one night paying an eligible rate. An eligible rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest program. A listing of SPG-participating hotels and resorts and a description of eligible stays and eligible rates can be found at spg.com under the program terms and conditions. See Section 2.1 for the complete definition of eligible rates. Note that certain prepaid room reservations, such as when the booking is made through a third party — including but not limited to travelocity.com, expedia.com, orbitz.com and delta.com — are not considered eligible rates and do not earn Starpoints or qualify for promotional earnings. Stays must be booked through any Starpoints-eligible channel which includes a travel professional who books through those channels or the GDS.
All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at spg.com. Offer is applicable to individual members only and not to groups. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. To update your communication preferences or learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement at spg.com/privacy, or access our privacy information line by calling 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries. Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Westin, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W, Le Méridien, Tribute Portfolio, Element, Aloft, Four Points and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates. Design Hotels is a trademark of Design Hotels. Void where prohibited by law.
Here are the participating properties for the 250 bonus Starpoints per night offer:
- Four Points by Sheraton Curitiba
- Four Points by Sheraton Macaé
- Sheraton Barra Rio de Janeiro Hotel
- Sheraton da Bahia Hotel, Salvador
- Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort
- Sheraton Porto Alegre Hotel
- Sheraton Reserva do Paiva Hotel & Convention Center, Recife
- Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel
- Sheraton Vitoria Hotel
- Aloft Beijing, Haidian
- Four Points by Sheraton Beijing, Haidian Hotel & Serviced Apartments
- Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning
- Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Pudong
- Le Méridien She Shan Shanghai
- Le Royal Méridien Shanghai
- Sheraton Grand Beijing Dongcheng Hotel
- Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou Hotel
- Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel
- Sheraton Shanghai Jiading Hotel
- Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences
- Sheraton Shanghai Waigaoqiao Hotel
- The Great Wall Sheraton Hotel Beijing
- The Hongta Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai
- The St. Regis Beijing
- The Westin Beijing Chaoyang
- The Westin Beijing Financial Street
- The Westin Bund Center, Shanghai
- Twelve at Hengshan, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai
- W Beijing – Chang’an
- Le Méridien Cairo Airport
- Le Méridien Dahab Resort
- Le Méridien Heliopolis
- Le Méridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa
- Sheraton Cairo Hotel & Casino
- Sheraton Luxor Resort
- Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna
- Sheraton Montazah Hotel
- Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa
- Sheraton Soma Bay Resort
- The Westin Cairo Golf Resort & Spa, Katameya Dunes
- The Westin Soma Bay Golf Resort & Spa
- Aloft Munich
- Aloft Stuttgart
- Element Frankfurt Airport
- Four Points by Sheraton Munich Central
- Four Points by Sheraton Munich Olympiapark
- Hotel Elephant, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Weimar
- Hotel Fuerstenhof, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Leipzig
- Le Méridien Grand Hotel Nuremberg
- Le Méridien Hamburg
- Le Méridien Munich
- Le Méridien Parkhotel Frankfurt
- Le Méridien Stuttgart
- Sheraton Berlin Grand Hotel Esplanade
- Sheraton Carlton Hotel Nuernberg
- Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel
- Sheraton Essen Hotel
- Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel and Conference Center
- Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel
- Sheraton Hanover Pelikan Hotel
- Sheraton Munich Airport Hotel
- Sheraton Munich Arabellapark Hotel
- Sheraton Munich Westpark Hotel
- Sheraton Offenbach Hotel
- The Westin Bellevue, Dresden
- The Westin Grand Frankfurt
- The Westin Grand Munich
- The Westin Grand, Berlin
- The Westin Leipzig
- Le Méridien Cyberport
- Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers
- W Hong Kong
- Kobe Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers
- Sheraton Grande Ocean Resort
- Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel
- Sheraton Hiroshima Hotel
- Sheraton Hokkaido Kiroro Resort
- Sheraton Miyako Hotel Osaka
- Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo
- Suiran, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Kyoto
- The Kiroro, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Hokkaido
- The St. Regis Osaka
- The Westin Awaji Island Resort & Conference Center
- The Westin Miyako Kyoto
- The Westin Nagoya Castle
- The Westin Osaka
- The Westin Rusutsu Resort
- The Westin Sendai
- The Westin Tokyo
- Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers
- Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central
- The St. Regis Macao, Cotai Central
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
- W Retreat & Spa – Maldives
- Four Points by Sheraton Miraflores
- Hotel Paracas, a Luxury Collection Resort, Paracas
- Palacio del Inka, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Cusco
- Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center
- Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado
- The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center
- Sheraton Towers Singapore
- The St. Regis Singapore
- The Westin Singapore
- W Singapore – Sentosa Cove
- Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Mallorca
- Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal
- Hotel Alfonso XIII, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Seville
- Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian
- Hotel Marqués de Riscal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Elciego
- Le Méridien Barcelona
- Le Méridien Ra Beach Hotel & Spa
- Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort Canary Isle
- Sheraton Gran Canaria Salobre Golf Resort
- Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa, Costa Adeje, Tenerife
- Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa
- Sheraton Mallorca Arabella Golf Hotel
- The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, Benahavis, Marbella
- The Westin Palace, Madrid
- The Westin Valencia
- W Barcelona
- Aloft Bursa Hotel
- Caresse, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Bodrum
- Four Points by Sheraton Istanbul Batisehir
- Four Points by Sheraton Istanbul Dudullu
- Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler
- Lugal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Ankara
- Sheraton Adana Hotel
- Sheraton Ankara Hotel & Convention Center
- Sheraton Bursa Hotel
- Sheraton Cesme Hotel, Resort and Spa
- Sheraton Istanbul Ataköy Hotel
- Sheraton Istanbul Atasehir Hotel
- Sheraton Samsun Hotel
- The St. Regis Istanbul
- W Istanbul
United Arab Emirates
- Ajman Saray, a Luxury Collection Resort, Ajman
- Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai
- Aloft Abu Dhabi
- Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai
- Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai
- Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
- Grosvenor House, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Dubai
- Le Méridien Abu Dhabi
- Le Méridien Al Aqah Beach Resort
- Le Méridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre
- Le Méridien Fairway
- Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
- Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi
- Le Royal Méridien Beach Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort
- Sheraton Deira Hotel, Dubai
- Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers
- Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel
- Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai
- Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort
- Sheraton Sharjah Beach Resort & Spa
- The St. Regis Abu Dhabi
- The St. Regis Dubai
- The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi
- The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa
- The Westin Dubai Al Habtoor City
- The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
- W Dubai Al Habtoor City
- Four Points by Sheraton San Diego
- Four Points by Sheraton San Diego – SeaWorld
- Four Points by Sheraton San Diego Downtown
- Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
- Sheraton La Jolla Hotel
- Sheraton Mission Valley San Diego Hotel
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- THE US GRANT, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Diego
- The Westin San Diego
- The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- W San Diego
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Waikiki Beach
- Sheraton Kauai Resort
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
- Sheraton Waikiki
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki
- The St. Regis Princeville Resort
- The Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort Villas
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka’anapali
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
- Aloft Bolingbrook
- Aloft Chicago City Center
- Aloft Chicago O’Hare
- Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O’Hare Airport
- Le Méridien Chicago – Oakbrook Center
- Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
- Sheraton Chicago O’Hare Airport Hotel
- Sheraton Grand Chicago
- Sheraton Lisle Hotel
- Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove
- The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Chicago
- The Tremont Chicago Hotel at Magnificent Mile
- The Westin Chicago North Shore
- The Westin Chicago Northwest
- The Westin Chicago River North
- The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
- The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago
- The Westin O’Hare
- W Chicago – City Center
- W Chicago – Lakeshore
- Aloft Boston Seaport
- Aloft Lexington
- Element Boston Seaport
- Element Lexington
- Four Points by Sheraton Boston Logan Airport
- Four Points by Sheraton Norwood
- Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Hotel & Conference Center
- Le Méridien Cambridge-MIT
- Sheraton Boston Hotel
- Sheraton Commander Hotel
- Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
- Sheraton Needham Hotel
- The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston
- The Westin Boston Waterfront
- The Westin Copley Place, Boston
- The Westin Waltham Boston
- W Boston
- Element Las Vegas Summerlin
- Four Points by Sheraton Las Vegas East Flamingo
- The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa
- Aloft Harlem
- Aloft Manhattan Downtown – Financial District
- Aloft New York Brooklyn
- Element New York Times Square West
- Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge
- Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea
- Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village
- Four Points by Sheraton Midtown – Times Square
- Four Points by Sheraton New York Downtown
- Four Points by Sheraton Newburgh Stewart Airport
- Four Points by Sheraton Plainview Long Island
- Le Parker Méridien New York
- Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel
- Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel
- Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel
- Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
- Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
- Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel
- The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City
- The St. Regis New York
- The Westin New York at Times Square
- The Westin New York Grand Central
- W New York
- W New York – Downtown
- W New York – Times Square
- W New York – Union Square
Four Points by Sheraton Caguas Real Hotel & Casino
Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico
W Retreat & Spa – Vieques Island
Here are the frequently asked question by SPG:
When can I register for the promotion?
SPG Members can register starting December 15, 2015, through 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET), April 10, 2016; this is called the “Promotion Period.”
Can anyone register for this promotion?
What are the dates during which I can earn bonus Starpoints?
Each registered SPG Member can earn bonus Starpoints for eligible paid stays from January 11, 2016, through April 30, 2016.
Will eligible stays or nights prior to registration count toward my earning?
Yes, as long as the member registers by April 10, 2016, any eligible paid stay from January 11, 2016, through April 30, 2016, will count toward earning.
How do I earn double Starpoints?
A registered member will earn double Starpoints if the eligible stay is two or more nights at any SPG-participating Starwood hotel or resort during the promotion period. The bonus may be earned an unlimited number of times.
How do I earn the bonus of 250 Starpoints?
Registered members who stay at least one eligible night at a hotel or resort participating in the SPG Take Two bonus promotion will earn 250 bonus Starpoints. The bonus may be earned an unlimited number of times during the Promotion Period.
Do I need to stay two or more nights to earn the 250 Starpoints?
No. Registered members do not need to stay two or more nights to earn the 250 Starpoints bonus. Registered members who stay at least one eligible night at a hotel or resort participating in the SPG Take Two bonus promotion will earn 250 bonus Starpoints. Click here to view the complete list of hotels and resorts not participating in the bonus 250 Starpoints promotion.
At which Starwood hotels and resorts am I eligible to earn double and bonus Starpoints?
A member can earn double Starpoints at all of the over 1,200 SPG-participating Starwood hotels and resorts. A member can earn the bonus 250 Starpoints at a selection of Starwood hotels and resorts. Click here to view the complete list of hotels and resorts participating in the 250 bonus Starpoints promotion.
What qualifies as an eligible paid stay for the double Starpoints?
An eligible paid stay includes at least two nights at a participating SPG hotel or resort paying a qualifying rate that earns Starpoints as defined by the terms and conditions of the SPG program (spg.com/t&c).
What qualifies as an eligible paid night for the bonus 250 Starpoints?
An eligible paid night includes at least one night paying a qualifying rate at a select group of Starwood hotels and resorts during the Promotion Period. Click here to view the complete list of hotels and resorts participating in the bonus 250 Starpoints promotion.
Can I book through a third party and earn bonus Starpoints?
Stays must be booked through any Starpoints-eligible channel, which includes a travel professional who books through those channels or the GDS. This is the only way to earn double Starpoints and get our best rates. Stays booked through prepaid, third-party channels — such as orbitz.com, expedia.com, travelocity.com, delta.com, etc. — are not eligible Rate Plans, so the member will not earn bonus Starpoints and will not qualify for the offer. A description of a Starpoints-eligible channel can be found at spg.com under the program terms and conditions, section 2.1.
How many Starpoints do I earn with double Starpoints?
With double Starpoints, a member will earn four (4) total Starpoints per eligible US$1 spent. Elite-level extra Starpoints earnings and other bonuses will not be doubled. Only the base two-Starpoints-per-dollar earnings are doubled. There is no limit on the number of total double bonus Starpoints a member can earn.
If part of my stay was reserved using a Free Night Award or SPG Cash & Points, will my stay qualify?
No. Stays booked with Free Night Awards or Cash & Points do not count as qualifying stays for this promotion. Even if part of the stay is reserved using an Award and part is paid, the member will not receive bonus Starpoints for any part of the stay.
If I check in before the Promotion Period begins, or check out after the Promotion Period ends, but some of my stay is in the Promotion Period, does my stay earn the bonus?
Yes. As long as one night of the stay is within the Promotion Period, bonus Starpoints will be earned on every night during the entire stay (even if part of the stay falls outside the Promotion Period).
When will double and bonus Starpoints post to my account?
Double and bonus Starpoints will post to the registered member’s account within two to four weeks of each eligible paid stay posting. Please note the double Starpoints may post prior to the 250 Starpoints bonuses.
Will I earn stay and night credits toward elite status?
A member will earn stay and night credits as he or she normally does while earning Starpoints.
Can I take advantage of other bonus promotions at the same time?
Yes. However, each promotion earns bonuses independently of each other.