Marriott Rewards has launched a new payment type for stays at select hotels in Greater China and offers 8% discount using it + 888 bonus points for using it first time.
Alipay, basically Alibaba’s PayPal clone, is an online payment tool that is now accepted at these select Marriott hotels.
You can access Marriott’s web page for Alipay here.
Note that you must use promotion code 838 at the time of making the reservation to be eligible for the 8% discount.
Here are the participating hotels:
The 8% discount is only valid at Best Available Rate and Best Available Rate with breakfast that are often the most expensive rate types. Usually, there are discount rates available as well.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This exclusive offer is bookable by Marriott Rewards® Members. Not a Member? Click here to join for free.
- To enjoy 8% off Best Available Rate or Best Available Rate with breakfast, Members can book on Marriott.com.cn using 838 promotion code or call our toll-free reservation line at 400 888 5551, and settle the charges with Alipay at any of the participating hotels:
Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing Hotel
Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong
JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel
Courtyard Hong Kong Sha Tin
The Ritz-Carlton, Sanya, Yalong Bay
JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai at Tomorrow Square
Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Center
Shanghai Marriott Hotel Pudong East
- Offer is subject to availability at time of reservation.
- The 8% discount cannot be combined with any corporate rate discounts or promotions.
- Offer is eligible for Marriott Rewards points / miles earnings based on paid room rate and will earn room night credit towards Elite membership.
- After completing the first eligible stay, Members will receive 888 bonus points. Members electing to earn miles / Ctrip points are not eligible for this offer.
- Bonus points will be posted 4 to 6 weeks after the stay to your Marriott Rewards account.
- Offer is not applicable to groups.
- Offer is non-transferrable and Member must stay in person.
- In case of disputes, hotel reserves the right to make the final decision.
- Marriott International Inc. reserves the right to change or limit the promotion in its sole discretion.