Avianca LifeMiles has launched new essentially buy miles promotion under the disguise of transferring them between member accounts and getting 100% bonus in the process.
LifeMiles has had similar promotions in the past and the current price per newly minted mile is 1.5 cents each.
You can access LifeMiles web page for this offer here.
Avianca has been selling LifeMiles at this price during the recent sales and they even had an additional 10% off at times.
Avianca LifeMiles recently made mixed class awards available for booking on its website (read more here). You can now have economy or business class feeder flights for international flights in business or first.
I have not used my stash of LifeMiles for a while and wont be rushing to buy more at this time by transferring them around.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This promotion is available at LifeMiles.com, Avianca’s Information Centers and Call Center except for Venezuela and Argentina where is only available through LifeMiles.com.
- This promotion applies between February 9th and 23rd, 2016(between 00.00-12.00 GMT -5, Colombia), as the last date of transfer.
- Minimum transfer miles: 1,000.
- The miles must be transferred in multiples of 1,000.
- Maximum transfer miles per member per calendar year: LM 75,000 (excluding additional bonuses).
- Maximum LifeMiles to receive per member per calendar year: LM 75,000 (excluding additional bonuses).
- Transfer fee for each block of 1,000 LifeMiles: USD $17.70* including taxes for each country**.
- The amount paid for the miles’ transfer is not refundable.
- At LifeMiles.com, the purchase can only be done through ENJOY/Transfer LifeMiles.
- Does not apply to the Flexible Redemption (miles + money) during the payment process of air ticket redemption.
- Form of payment through Call Center and LifeMiles.com: credit card or international debit card.
- Cash payments are only allowed at Avianca’s Information Centers.
- The miles transferred and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve or maintain Elite status.
- The transferred miles, once accrued, can be redeemed according to the conditions specified in the LifeMiles’ Terms and Conditions and portfolio of products and services available for redemption.
- LifeMiles Terms and Conditions may apply, you can find them at LifeMiles.com.
- LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles B.V.
*For residents in Colombia: The values must be calculated at the TRM rate of the date of transaction.
**For residents in Peru: the transfer fee for each block of 1,000 LifeMiles: USD $17.7, S. / 60.7 including taxes.
Rate change to January 20th, 2016: S /. 3.43.
The final price in Nuevos Soles will be determined according to the Exchange rate of the day of the redemption.
For the rest of countries, the values must be calculated at the exchange rate of the date of transaction.
**The price can be less depending on the country of residence that the member has registered in our data base.