Etihad Airways has launched new Guest campaign trying to get members to convert partner points to miles this July.
Members that convert from select partners below are eligible for 25% bonus if the transfer is made July 1 – 31, 2016.
You can access this offer on Etihad’s website here.
Note that conversions from SPG are not eligible for the bonus
Here are the eligible partners:
Eligible hotel partners:
Hilton HHonors (access here)
IHG Rewards Club (access here)
Club Carlson (access here)
Le Club AccorHotels (access here)
Hyatt Gold Passport (access here)
If you have been contemplating converting partner points to Etihad Guest miles it makes sense to do it during the conversion bonus.
Redeeming Guest miles on partner airlines is dreadful experience due to having to call Etihad and waste minimum of 30 minutes to get simple award ticket issued. I wish there would be a better way.
Here are the terms and conditions:
- The offer is valid for all Points to Miles conversions made between 1 July and 31 July both days inclusive.
- Participating points conversion partners: Accor Hotels, ADCB, Radisson Blu, Citibank, Emirates Islamic Bank, Heathrow Rewards, Hilton Honors, Hyatt, IHG, Joyalukkas, Marriott Rewards, NBAD, Shangri-La.
- Non participating points conversion partners: HSBC, Etisalat Rewards, American Express Membership Rewards (All regions), Starwood StarPoints and Flybuys Rewards
- Once the Miles transfer request in initiated it cannot be reversed.
- A valid Etihad Guest membership number is required to successfully perform the conversion. Etihad Guest member will be responsible for quoting the correct Etihad Guest membership number to the participating conversion partners for the conversion activity.
- The promotion is applicable for any member who converts their points from a qualifying Partner loyalty programme to Etihad Guest Miles. The eligibility of the bonus miles for a specific member will be done based on the validity of the promotion and the date of conversion provided by the partner for that respective member.
- Base Etihad Guest Miles converted by the member will be awarded as per the applicable conversion ratios of each respective partner. Bonus Etihad Guest Miles earned during this promotion will reflect in the member’s Etihad Guest membership account within 15 days of the end date of the promotion.
- If an Etihad Guest member holds credit cards and/or Hotel loyalty programme cards of different banks and hotels and converts the points to Etihad Guest Miles under this promotion, then the number of Bonus Guest Miles he/she will earn will reflect separately in the members account for each partner.
- Bonus Etihad Guest Miles will not be calculated on retroactive basis under any circumstances i.e. credit card/ hotel reward points converted to Etihad Guest Miles and posted into the membership account during the promotion period but for which the conversion request was placed outside the promotion period will not qualify for the bonus miles promotion.
- Participation under this promotion is purely voluntary for the members.
- This offer is subject to the Terms & Conditions of the Etihad Guest Programme. Terms and conditions governing the existing Conversion partners will apply. The above promotion construct is valid only for the all Points Conversion Partners which fall under the Points Conversion programme and governed by the conversion ratios and minimum thresholds applicable for these respective partners.
- This offer cannot be clubbed with any other conversion offer.
- Etihad Guest reserves the right to withdraw or cancel the promotion or modify or alter the terms and conditions of such promotion at any time. The decision of Etihad Guest will be final and binding under this promotion and no disputes will be entertained in this regard.