British Airways Executive Club has launched an Avios sale that comes with an account specific Mystery bonus for purchases made between March 8 – 23, 2017.
British Airways has capped the number of Avios that one can purchase any calendar year before any bonuses at 100,000.
You can access this offer on BA’s website and check your bonus here.
And the price at the 30% bonus is:
The price of one Avios purchased under this offer is 2.13 cents each
This is the first time that I have seen British Airways having account specific Mystery bonus. The maximum bonus during previous sales has been 50%. During the previous sales, the price of Avios has been dependent where your account is based. This is the first time that my European based Executive Club account is shown the purchase price in USD (and rather more expensive than previously).
Buying Avios can make sense if you are able to use them for Reward Flight Savers with limited taxes/fees (my favorite option for travel between London and European cities) or you have a 2-4-1 redemption voucher and happen to be Gold Guest List member (much better availability). Perhaps you can throw in an upgrade voucher for two as well… There are some partners that have very low or no fuel surcharges at all. Using Avios for those flights can be a good deal.
Considering that BA charges very high fuel surcharges on economy awards, it rarely makes sense to redeem for long-haul economy flights on their own metal (some exceptions as is always the case).
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person aged 18 or over and is a British Airways Executive Club (‘BAEC’) Member. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. Eligible Participants confirm that they accept the terms and conditions set out below.
- Between 00:01 hr GMT Wednesday 08 March and 23:59 hr GMT Thursday 23 March 2017 (the ‘Promotional Period’) as an Eligible Participant you have been selected to receive 30% bonus Avios upon any Purchase or Gift Avios transaction.
- Eligible Participants may Gift Avios (purchase for someone else) during the Promotion Period, provided that the recipient holds or opens a British Airways Executive Club account and the recipient’s BAEC membership number is entered at the time of purchase. Members can receive up to 100,000 gifted Avios. The recipient will receive 30% bonus Avios.
- Eligible Participants may not exceed their annual 100,000 Avios limit. Bonus Avios do not count towards your annual limit.
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions.
- British Airways plc (‘BA’) accepts no responsibility for members who are unable to fulfil the terms of this promotion. BA may withdraw this offer at any time.
- This promotion has no cash value and no cash or credit alternative is available. Purchased Avios are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Avios are issued and redeemed in accordance with the British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions.
- BA reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this promotion without notice in the event of major catastrophe, war, strike, civil or military disturbance, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other similar events beyond the reasonable control of BA.
- By taking part in this promotion, participants agree to the personal data they supply being used by BA or its agents or subcontractors to administer this promotion, who will only use the information provided for the purpose of administering the promotion.
- Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions shall prevail if there is any conflict between these and the promotional materials.
- BA is in no way liable for the reproduction of this promotion or indirect access via third party websites of these terms and conditions where such reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with this promotion.
- This promotion and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with it shall be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter is British Airways Plc, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, West Drayton UB7 0GB. Registered No. 1777777