Today’s Airfare of the day goes to Copa Airlines Business Restricted fares between Montevideo and Los Angeles.
- Fare: Copa Airlines (CM) D07BM65.
- Route: MVD-PTY-LAX.
- Booking class: D (Business Class).
- Price: USD 1515.
- Valid for: Round trip travel.
- Flight restrictions: Travel between the United States and Panama must be on CM/P5 metal. Domestic sectors in the United States must be on UA metal.
- Ticketing restrictions: Reservations for all sectors are required at least 7 days before departure. Ticketing must be completed within 3 days after reservation or 7 days before departure, whichever is earlier.
- Minimum stay: 3 days after departure/Saturday night stay, whichever is earlier.
- Maximum stay: 365 days after departure.
- Sales restrictions: Tickets may not be sold in Venezuela.
- Stopovers: Unlimited free stopovers permitted. Higher Intermediate Point rules apply.
- Transfers: Unlimited transfers permitted.
- Changes: Any time. USD 140 fee for no-show/reissue/revalidation. Same day change does not apply.
- Cancellation/Refunds: Any time. Ticket is non-refundable.
- Available on: Several OTAs like Orbitz or Expedia, and Copa Airlines’s website.
Copa Airline’s fleet for medium haul segments consists entirely of B737s, of which they have three different configurations. Business Class cabin in these planes consist of 12/16 recliner seats (depending on configuration) in a 2-2 layout. You can access the seat maps here.
I was able to find availability from May to December 2017. Here are some examples I could pull off:
Fare construction example for those interested in using a travel agent to book it:
The following mileage accruals were estimated without considering any elite status bonuses:
This Business Class fare from Montevideo is less expensive than departures from other airports in its vicinity. The drawback may be Copa Airline’s limited fleet that only offers recliner seats, not the nicest Business Class seat for 14+ hours of travel.