Today’s Airfare of the day goes to Lufthansa First Class discount fares between Newark airport and several destinations in Spain/Italy for this upcoming winter
- Fare: Lufthansa (LH) ANC15E
- Route: EWR – (FRA/MUC/ZRH/GVA) – (MAD/BCN/FCO/MXP/…)
- Booking class: A (First Class)
- Price: USD 4400 – 4900
- Valid for: Round trip travel
- Flight restrictions: Transatlantic sectors must be on LH/LX/UA metal
- Advanced reservation/ticketing restrictions: Reservations and ticketing for all sectors are required at least 150 days before departure
- Minimum stay: Saturday night stay required
- Maximum stay: 12 months after departure
- Stopover restrictions: 2 stopovers permitted in Europe: 1 free and 1 at USD 150.
- Transfer restrictions: 5 transfers permitted in each direction: 3 in Europe and 2 in the United States
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on LH or OS/LX/SN/AC/UA and may not be sold in Angola/Nigeria/Egypt/South Sudan/Venezuela/Sudan/Zimbabwe
- Cancellations: Any time. Ticket is non-refundable
- Changes: Any time. Charge USD 450 for reissue/revalidation.
- HIP exceptions: The Higher Intermediate Point rule does not apply for stopovers
A monthly search using Matrix Itasoftware shows plenty of availability starting October 2017:
If you want to save USD 20, you can fly UA F instead of LH F (said no one, ever).
Fare construction rules for EWR-FRA-MAD for those interested:
The following mileage accruals were estimated without considering any elite status bonuses.
Transatlantic segments book into the A fare bucket. For example, the mileage accrual for EWR-FRA is as follows:
Intra-Europe segments book into J fare bucket. For example, the mileage accrual for FRA-MAD is as follows:
This fare is almost half the regular price for a First Class ticket between the United States and Europe. Lufthansa runs these First Class specials from time to time. Too bad that they have not run any USD 3500 First Class ticket promos as they did in the past.
This fare is combinable with similar fares published by UA and LX, so you can get creative with the routing. One good idea would be booking the outbound flight on LX via ZRH and the inbound flight on LH via FRA. That way you could visit LH First Class lounge in ZRH and of course LH First Class Terminal in FRA.