Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Qatar Airways low/off-peak season midweek regular excursion fares between Kuala Lumpur and Washington DC.
- Fare: Qatar Airways (QR) WLMYP1ZX KUL to WAS.
- Route: KUL-DOH-IAD
- Booking class: W (Economy/Coach).
- Price: USD 476.
- Valid for: Round trip travel.
- Day/Time restrictions: Permitted Sunday through Thursday.
- Seasonal restrictions: Permitted 11 DEC through 24 JAN, or 02 FEB through 25 MAY, or 04 JUN through 09 SEP or 18 SEP through 23 NOV on the first international sector.
- Advances reservation/ticketing restrictions: Reservation and ticketing for all sectors are required at least 5 days before departure.
- Minimum stay requirements: Travel from last stopover must commence no earlier than 3 days after departure from fare origin.
- Maximum stay requirements: Travel from last stopover must commence no later than 1 month after departure from fare origin.
- Stopover restrictions: One free stopover permitted in DOH either outbound/inbound. A stopover may not exceed 96 hours. Purchasing an official QR holiday stopover will supersede the above rules.
- Transfer restrictions: Unlimited transfers permitted.
- Travel restrictions: Valid for travel commencing on/before 31 DEC 2017.
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 10 APR 2017. Tickets must be issued in QR stock and may not be sold in Eritrea, Nigeria or Venezuela.
- Cancellations: Any time. Charge USD 270 for refund. Charge USD 540 for no-show.
- Changes: Any time. Charge USD 135 for reissue/revalidation.
- HIP exceptions: The Higher Intermediate Point rule does not apply for stopovers or connections.
I was able to find availability during May and June using Matrix ItaSoftware:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
One World carriers offer 25% accrual for W fares. For this route, mileage accrual would be 5300 miles for round trip travel, with a cost of 8.98 cents per mile.
If you don’t mind having to travel away from your electronic devices, this is a great fare. For May/June dates it’s USD 300 cheaper than other airlines.