Today’s Airfare of the Day goes LOT Polish Airlines Business excursion fares between Madrid and Seoul.
- Fare: LOT (LO) ZSPXX3 MAD to SEL.
- Route: MAD – WAW – ICN.
- Booking class: Z (Business Class).
- Price: USD 1825.
- Valid for: Round trip travel
- Flight restrictions: The fare component must be on LO metal.
- Advances reservation/ticketing restrictions: Reservation and ticketing for all sectors are required at least 3 days before departure.
- Minimum stay requirements: Saturday night stay required.
- Maximum stay requirements: 12 months after departure.
- Stopover restrictions: Four stopovers permitted, 2 in each direction, at EUR 50 each.
- Transfer restrictions: Unlimited transfers permitted.
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on LO stock.
– Before departure, charge EUR 200 for cancel/no-show/refund.
– After departure ticket is non-refundable in case of cancel.
- Changes: Any time. Charge EUR for reissue/revalidation.
- HIP exceptions: The higher intermediate point rule does not apply for stopovers/connections.
- Availability: May to December 2017
A monthly search using Matrix Itasoftware shows limited availability for 2017:
Booking example from Priceline:
Fare construction rules for those interested:
The following mileage accruals were estimated for MAD-WAW-ICN without considering any elite status bonuses.
LOT Business Class product gets mixed reviews, but bad Business Class trumps Economy any time. LOT uses their B787 Dreamliner for this route, with flat bed seats on the business cabin. In addition, this fare is not much more expensive than Premium Economy (USD 1300-1500 for similar dates).