Qatar Airways has launched interesting stopover package program with +Qatar (Qatar Tourism authority) to try get passengers flying on the airline to stay few nights in the city as well.
Passengers are eligible for a complimentary transit visa for up to 96 hours and a complimentary hotel stay for a day. Passengers can buy additional one night for just $50 under this promotion that is valid for stays between May 7 – September 30, 2017.
You can access this offer on Qatar’s website here.
You need to book your ticket on Qatar’s website using multi-city function and schedule a stopover in the city. You can then (you can actually check the availability in advance using the links below) book the hotel for the duration of your stay (max two nights). You are obviously free to stay longer by booking hotels directly outside of this offer.
If you wish to stay for two nights regardless of the class of travel, you can choose the Ultimate hotels (access here) and just pay $50 total for your two night stay.
You can use the link above to check the availability of the hotels on your intended travel dates. If there is availability, I would first book the ticket and then complete the hotel purchase.
Here’s what the search engine returned for a two night Ultimate stay in mid-June:
This is actually very good offer for stays wishing to stay at the Ritz-Carlson and St. Regis among some other hotels. Accommodation tends to be rather pricey in Qatar, regardless of the occupancy rates, and I have often used points there.
You have to keep in mind that the summer months are unbearably hot in Doha. You probably end up spending most, if not all, of the time inside.
The Museum if Islamic Art is worth a visit just for the architecture alone. The main souk that is within short walk from the museum is nice in the evening. Then there are the very well air-conditioned malls…. And you certainly don’t go Doha for the nightlife.
Here are the frequently asked question by Qatar:
1. What is the “ +Qatar” campaign?
+Qatar is a unique programme designed by Qatar Airways and its destination management division, Discover Qatar, in collaboration with Qatar Tourism Authority. It enables passengers transiting through Doha to enjoy a holiday within a holiday by adding Qatar to their holiday or travel itinerary.
2. What are the passenger benefits?
Passengers flying on Qatar Airways through Doha with a valid pre-approved free transit visa (bookable online at qatarairways.com and valid for up to 96 hours) can enjoy a one night free stay in a four-star hotel (for Economy Class passengers) and a five-star hotel stay (for First/Business Class passengers). Additionally passengers can elect to stay for two nights at a nominal booking fee of USD 50.
3. What is the validity of the campaign offer?
Campaign benefits are available for transit passengers booking from 1 May to 31 August 2017 for their transit on flights travelling between 7 May and 30 September 2017, excluding the Eid holidays and black-out dates. It is subject to availability at the time of booking.
4. How do passengers book the free hotels during the stopover?
a. Book your ticket on Qatarairways.com and use the multi-city functionality to secure a transit in Doha on Qatar Airways. Then apply for a free transit visa seven working days prior to your journey allowing you to stay in Doha for up to 96 hours. This transit visa is managed and processed by Qatar Airways dedicated team 24/7 during the campaign.
b. Simultaneously, book your ‘+Qatar’ free hotel stay or two-night stay here.
c. Existing customer who booked their ticket on Qatarairways.com can amend their booking in Manage
Booking, re-book in Multi-city, book a transit visa and then avail of the offer.
5. Do accommodation offers include airport transfers, meals or other benefits?
Inclusions of accommodation offers are mentioned in the respective description or hotel content. Additionally, transfers and transport services can be booked on the Discover Qatar website.
6. Can passengers book more than two nights with +Qatar for a 96-hour transit visa?
Passengers can book Discover Qatar’s standard offers available online or extend your stay directly at the hotel. Changes are not permitted on campaign bookings.
7. What is the maximum room occupancy for +Qatar offers?
One room is only suitable for up to two adults and one child. If passengers come with an extra adult or child, they can request for an extra bed during the check-in and pay the extra charge to the hotel directly.
8. Which hotels are available to book during the “+Qatar” campaign?
Customers can choose from a list of selected four-star and five-star hotels in Doha offered on the +Qatar campaign page. +Qatar offers are based on a limited number of rooms per day. All offers are subject to availability.
9. Can passengers secure hotel stay without a transit visa?
No, they need to have an approved transit visa (which is complimentary) to be able to enjoy this summer promotion of the “+Qatar” campaign, in addition to a flight booking with Qatar Airways.
In the event that a visa is not approved, all penalties will be waived as per the terms and conditions of the free transit visa and the customer will be entitled to rebook without a stopover with no penalties or fees
Passengers can also secure a hotel stay if they are one of the nationalities who can get visa on arrival. Visa on arrival will be granted by Ministry of Interior, subject to a fee of QAR 100. We recommend passengers to avail the transit visa which is complimentary.
10. What other services are offered to passengers during the stay?
Customers can book city tours, desert safaris and other exciting experiences hosted on the +Qatar campaign page. Additionally, a range of Ramadan dining experiences can be booked for visits during the holy month.
11. What is the booking window for passengers to book the +Qatar offers?
+Qatar promotional offers are available to book until seven days prior to the travel date.
12. Can passengers cancel +Qatar promotional offers booked for the transit?
+Qatar accommodation bookings are non-refundable, non-cancellable and non-amendable.
13. How can passengers contact Discover Qatar for assistance?
Passengers can contact Discover Qatar by email to firstname.lastname@example.org handled by a dedicated team 24/7 to support on booking issues, pending booking confirmation, priority assistance, assistance on tours & transfers or other services booked.
14. What are the check-in procedures at the hotel?
Passengers have to show their Discover Qatar booking voucher and boarding pass at the time of check-in. If the passenger has lost their boarding pass, they must provide their Qatar Airways e-ticket number to the hotel for validation.
15. Can passengers access this offer if they book through their travel agent or any other booking channel?
No, this offer is only available to bookings made on qatarairways.com
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
- Booking validity: 1 May to 31 August 2017.
- Travel validity: 7 May to 30 September 2017. All travel must be completed by 30 September 2017.
- Offer is valid for flights booked with Qatar Airways on qatarairways.com with Multi-city ticket booking.
- Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
- Qatar Airways E-ticket number is required to be entered at the payment page. Maximum of one booking is allowed per E-ticket number.
- Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g. London –Doha – Bangkok).
- A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
- Not applicable on codeshare flights.
- Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
- A valid visa is required to enter the country. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities. Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.
For Hotel booking
- +Qatar Luxury and +Qatar Premium offer is valid for a maximum of 1-night stay (up to 24 hours).
+Qatar Ultimate offer is valid for a maximum of 2-nights’ stay (up to 48 hours).
Hotel reserves the right to charge the customer for any additional hours, Discover Qatar will not be responsible for the rates charged. We advise you book +Qatar Ultimate offer if your stay exceeds 24 hours.
- Valid Qatar Airways boarding pass and +Qatar hotel booking confirmation to be presented at the hotel upon check-in to avail the room/s.
- First Class and Business Class passengers are eligible to book +Qatar Luxury offers. Economy Class passengers are eligible to book +Qatar Premium offers. Discover Qatar and Hotels have the right to deny the booking in case of any discrepancy.
- Name on the booking should match the name on the boarding pass.
- +Qatar offers and transit visa needs to be requested minimum 7-working days prior.
- Bookings confirmed are non-amendable, non-cancellable and non-transferable.
- Booking fees are non-refundable.
- In case of visa rejections, bookings stands confirmed and are non-amendable and non-refundable.
- Discover Qatar reserves the right to charge passengers up to USD 50, in the event of No-show of 1 night free hotel booking.
- Inclusions will be exactly as mentioned in the website; any other incidentals are to be paid directly at the hotel.
- Maximum occupancy in a room is up to 2 adults and 1 child below 11 years of age.
- Children policies vary and will be mentioned in policies of each booking.
- Early check in/ Late check out subject to room availability and cannot be guaranteed.
- Any special requests like bedding, smoking/non-smoking rooms, connecting / adjacent rooms, etc. are subject to hotel availability and cannot be guaranteed.
- The confirmation of the booking lies at the sole discretion of Discover Qatar.
- Every effort will be made to confirm a booking exactly as per the client’s request; however in case of non-availability, Discover Qatar reserves the right to offer similar alternatives.
- Blackout dates (stay not allowed): Eid Al Fitr & Eid Al Adha: during Eid days, plus 5 days before and after Eid days. (Public Eid holidays announced by the Qatar government will be considered as Eid days.) Additional blackout dates may apply.
- Qatar Airways E-ticket number will be required to be entered at the payment page