Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to LATAM Airlines Business Class restricted fares between London and Rio de Janeiro.
- Fare: LATAM (JJ) ZEEEVH0Y
- Booking class: LHR-GRU Z (Business Class) / GRU-GIG Y (Economy/Coach)
- Price: USD 2020 (USD 1718 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Flight application: Transatlantic sectors must be on JJ metal
- Minimum stay: 5 days or until first Sunday after departure
- Maximum stay: 12 months after departure from fare origin
- Stopovers: 3 stopovers permitted: 1 free and 2 at USD 100,00 each
- Transfers: Unlimited transfers permitted
- Blackout dates: From United Kingdom, travel is not permitted 20 JUL through 06 AUG 2017 – To United Kingdom, travel is not permitted 04 JUL through 17 JUL 2017
- Travel restrictions: Valid for travel commencing on/after 04 JUL 2017 and on/before 06 SEP 2017 – All travel must be completed by midnight 06 SEP 2017
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 13 JUL 2017
- Cancellations: Any time, charge GBP 230,00 for refund
- Changes: Any time, charge GBP 185,00 for reissue/revalidation/no-show
I was able to find availability for August 2017 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
This fare can be booked on LATAM website:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
LATAM Z fares obtain 150% miles on LATAM (18219 miles for a round trip), 125% miles on AB/BA/AY/IB/JL/MH/QR (15182 miles), or 100% miles on AA (12146 miles).
Business Class fares ex-London are usually expensive, as there are lots of banking/consulting executives willing to pay the premiums. But Rio de Janeiro during August is not a banking destination, so it’s good to see airlines adjusting the prices to attract some premium travelers to their product.