Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Delta basic season instant purchase non-refundable Economy Class fares between Seattle and Shanghai.
- Fare: Delta (DL) VLR03PMJ SEA to SHA
- Booking class: V (Economy/Coach)
- Price: USD 478 (USD 120 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Day/Time restrictions: Permitted Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Sunday on each transpacific sector
- Seasonal restrictions: Permitted 28 AUG through 04 OCT 2017 or 23 OCT through 30 NOV 2017 on the outbound transpacific sector
- Flight restrictions: Transpacific sectors must be on DL metal
- Minimum stay: 3 days after departure of the first international sector
- Maximum stay: 6 months after departure from fare origin
- Stopovers: 2 stopovers permitted in Asia, 1 in each direction, at USD 100,00 each
- Transfers: Unlimited transfers permitted
- Blackout dates: No blackout dates apply
- Surcharges: No surcharge requirements apply
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 05 JUL 2017
- Cancellations: Any time, ticket is non-refundable
- Changes: Any time, charge USD 300,00 for reissue/revalidation
I was able to find availability for August/November 2017 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
For Delta SkyMiles members, a round-trip travel SEA-PVG on this fare would obtain 2010 miles (5 miles per USD spent on airfare + carrier imposed surcharges) and 11444 MQMs.
Mileage accrual for SkyTeam partners was estimated using wheretocredit and without considering any elite status bonuses.
The most attractive part of this fare is probably that it can be routed on a direct flight SEA-PVG for cheaper than any other airline that would include at least 1 stop.