Cathay Pacific’s Asia Miles has launched new promotion to drive member sign ups in Hong Kong and Macau between August 18 – October 17, 2017.
Existing member and referred members can each earn up to 8,000 bonus Asia Miles if promo guidelines are followed and new members make qualified transaction.
You can access this offer on Asia Miles website here.
Here’s how the promo works:
Here’s how the bonus points are divided:
Cathay Pacific Asia Miles seems to feel very desperate IF they are now basically bribing Hong Kong and Macau residents to become members of their frequent flier program.
Probably will work well for them in the long run, however, because these new members are more likely to choose to fly on CX.
The Referee must make sure that all the five members complete the sign up and make the qualifying transaction so that the 8,000 Asia Miles are earned by each member.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
Asia Miles MGM Promotion – Terms and Conditions
- The promotion period of this Member-Get-Member Referral Promotion (“Promotion”) is from 18 August to 17 October 2017 (GMT+8), both dates inclusive (“Promotion Period”).
- This Promotion is only applicable to members (both referrers and referees) residing in Hong Kong and Macau from 22nd August 2017 (GMT+8), 19:00 onwards. Residency is determined by the member’s preferred mailing address as registered in Asia Miles’s system as of 22nd August 2017 (GMT+8), 19:00. If members update their preferred mailing address from another country to Hong Kong and Macau after 22nd August 2017 (GMT+8), 19:00, it will not be applicable.
- To be eligible in this Promotion, the referrer (“the Referrer”) must be an existing member of the Asia Miles travel and lifestyle rewards programme operated by Asia Miles Limited (“Asia Miles”) and has successfully get the unique referral code from email sent by Asia Miles (Invitation Email”)or designated Promotion website hosted by Asia Miles http://m.e.asiamiles.com/webApp/mgm2017_en.
- Existing member is defined by the members who join Asia Miles before campaign period started on 18th August 2017.
- To be eligible in this Promotion, the referee (“the Referree”) must not be an Asia Miles member, does not currently hold and in the past 6 months has not cancelled or held any Asia Miles membership prior to his/her enrolment date.
- A referral status email will be sent by mid-September 2017 to notify the Referrer that how many Referees have completed the required enrolment process upon valid email is provided. This referral status email is not a proof for any bonus rewards for any Referrers/Referees.
- The Referrer has made successful referral if ALL of the following conditions are fulfilled within the Promotion Period（“Eligible Referrer”）:
- The Referrer must register for the Promotion and successfully get the unique referral code from Invitation Email or MGM Campaign Website within the Promotion Period and share the codes to Referees; and
- The same Referees successfully joins as a new Asia Miles member via designated Asia Miles enrolment form http://downloads.asiamiles.com/mgm2017(” Designated Enrolment Form”) and input the corresponding referral code during the enrolment process; and
- The same Referee completes 1st qualifying earning activity within the Promotion Period and with an Asia Miles partner, which must fall into one of 9 partner categories from Asia Miles, including Airline, Finance & Insurance, Hotels, Telecoms, Cars & Transport, Retail, Dining & Banquets, Travel & Leisure and Professional Services (“1st Earning Activity”）
- The Referee has made successful referral if ALL of the following conditions are fulfilled within the Promotion Period (“Eligible Referee”）：
- The Referee successfully joins as a new Asia Miles member via Designated Enrolment Form and input one referral code during the enrolment process;
- The Referee completes a 1st Earning Activity. Specific terms and requirements may be applicable for individual Asia Miles partners. For more details, please visit www.asiamiles.com. Asia Miles shall bear no liability relating to any Asia Miles partners or other third party products and/or services, including their quality, supply, description or false description, misrepresentation, misstatement, omission, unauthorised representation, unfair trade practices or conduct in connection with the products and/or services provided by such Asia Miles partners, their employees, officers, agents or other third parties.
- The following miles earned during the Promotion Period are NOT considered as Eligible Activities:
- Bonus and extra miles offered by partners during the Promotion Period
- Miles earned through the following methods from the Finance category:
- Miles earned via the American Express Cathay Pacific Corporate Card
- Miles earned via welcome offers and promotions, including point-conversion promotions
- Miles earned from other banking products within the Finance category
- Miles earned by spending at the Asia Miles iShop
- Referral Bonus Reward
- Every Eligible Referrers and Eligible Referees shall each be entitled to Bonus Asia Miles (“Bonus Miles”), the amount of which shall be determined as follows:
No. of Eligible Referrers No. of Eligible Referees No. of Members Eligible for Bonus Miles Bonus Miles To Be Shared in a Group Bonus Miles Per Eligible Referrer / Eligible Referee 1 1 2 1,000 Bonus Miles 500 Bonus Miles 1 2 3 3,000 Bonus Miles 1,000 Bonus Miles 1 3 4 8,000 Bonus Miles 2,000 Bonus Miles 1 4 5 20,000 Bonus Miles 4,000 Bonus Miles 1 5 6 48,000 Bonus Miles 8,000 Bonus Miles
- Each Referrer and Referee can only earn Bonus Miles once. The four Bonus Miles tiers are mutually exclusive and each Referrer and Referee is only entitled to Bonus Miles in one tier. For each Referrer, only the first 5 Successful Referrals will count towards the Referral Bonus Reward. A maximum of 8,000 Bonus Miles may be earned per Eligible Referrer or Eligible Referee; and
- If according Asia Miles‘s records, the information provided to Asia Miles is insufficient as considered by Asia Miles or its partners, as the case may be, if any requirement relating to the Referral Bonus Reward has not been met, cannot be successfully recorded in Asia Miles‘s system, or is not correct for whatever reasons, Asia Miles reserves the absolute right to cancel or forfeit any Bonus Miles entitlement.
- Both the Referrer and Referee will NOT be eligible for any Referral Bonus Rewards through this Promotion if the Referee enrols through other channels.
- The Referrer and Referee cannot be the same person. Referrers and Referees cannot refer each other and a Referee who has been successfully referred by one Referrer cannot be referred by the same Referrer again or by other Referrers.
- If a Referee is referred by more than one Referrer and the Referee qualifies as an Eligible Referee, only the first submission of Referee’s enrolment (as determined in accordance with Asia Miles‘s records) and the relevant Referrer will be eligible for the Referral Bonus Reward.
- Any fraud and/or abuse of the Promotion by a Referrer or Referee (as determined by Asia Miles at its sole discretion) will result in forfeiture of the Referrer and Referee’s eligibility to participate in the Promotion and/or cancellation of all or part of the Referrer and Referee’s Asia Miles’ member account(s).
- Bonus Miles will be credited to the member’s account 6 to 8 weeks after this Promotion ends.
- Both Referrer and Referee membership accounts must be active and remain in good standing at the time any Bonus Miles are credited.
- Asia Miles reserves the right to vary, modify or terminate the Referral Bonus Reward, and to change these terms and conditions or terminate this Promotion from time to time without prior notice.
- The Referrer and Referee’s eligibility for the Referral Bonus Reward, including the calculation of Bonus Miles, is to be determined by Asia Miles based on its latest records. In case of any dispute, the decision of Asia Miles shall be final.
- Other terms and conditions apply. For the Terms and Conditions of the Asia Miles travel and lifestyle rewards programme, please visit www.asiamiles.com
- In the event of any inconsistency between this English version of these terms and conditions and any foreign language translation, the English version shall prevail.