Etihad Airways today has been emailing Guest program members about rather long maintenance that will take place between September 16 – 18, 2017.
During the maintenance period all Guest program functions will be down and program members will be required to show their elite cards in order to avail themselves to elite benefits at airports per the information Etihad has posted on their website.
You can access Etihad’s website for the announcement here.
Here’s copy of the email that Etihad sent out:
Here are the frequently asked question by Etihad:
2017 September Maintenance
1. Why are our systems down?
In order to bring you an even better Etihad Guest experience, we are undergoing some scheduled maintenance followed by a system upgrade. Please bear with us, we aim to be back online by 18 September.
2. What are the actual services and transactions that will not be available from the 16-18 September?
During this time, you will not be able to access or update your account information, make changes and upgrades to bookings, and redeem flights. Our Reward Shop will also be offline.
3. Can I still book flights and/or modify my flight during this time?
Yes, you can still book flights on etihad.com and pay using credit cards. You can also modify your flights as long as they were not previously purchased using your Etihad Guest Miles.
4. When I book a flight during the maintenance period, will I still get credited with Etihad Guest Miles when I provide my Etihad Guest number?
Yes, but your Etihad Guest Miles will only reflect in your account once our system is back online.
5. If I fly during this period, will I get my Etihad Guest Miles credited to my account?
You will get the Etihad Guest Miles credited into your account after the scheduled maintenance if you left your Frequent Flyer Programme number as part of the booking. If you haven’t done that you will need to retro-claim after the maintenance period.
6. Why can’t I login to my Etihad Guest account via the website or mobile application?
The Etihad Guest login area is temporarily unavailable whilst we carry out our scheduled system maintenance. This means that during this time you will not be able to access your account information or make changes to bookings, redeem flights, shop in our reward shop or apply for upgrades using your Etihad Guest Miles. This is across our Etihad.com, etihadguest.com and Business Connect areas, including the mobile app.
1. Can I make changes to my booking?
You will be able to make changes when you use your credit card at etihad.com and when you contact our call centre.
2. Can I upgrade my reward flight with Etihad Guest Miles?
No, but you can pay for the upgrade with a credit card.
3. Can I book a reward flight with my Etihad Guest Miles?
Not while the system is down, but you can book a reward flight once we’re back online.
4. Can I buy something from the Reward Shop with my Etihad Guest Miles?
No, but after the scheduled maintenance you will be able to shop in the Reward Shop with your Etihad Guest Miles.
5. Can I redeem lounge access with my Etihad Guest Miles?
No, but you can pay for lounge access.
6. Can I buy Etihad Guest Miles?
No, but when we are back online you can buy Etihad Guest Miles.
7. Can I transfer points from another programme?
Not while we’re offline, but you can transfer points as soon as we’re back online.
8. Can I book with partners like hotels, coach, car, transfers or rail with my Etihad Guest Miles?
No, but when we’re back online, after the scheduled maintenance, you can use your Etihad Guest Miles to book with our partners.
Travelling during scheduled maintenance:
1. Can I upgrade at the airport using my Etihad Guest Miles?
No, but you can request to pay for an upgrade if there’s availability.
2. Can I make a change to my reward flight booking?
Yes, date changes will be possible. The change fee is collected in AED and is based on seat availability.
3. Can I access the lounge when I travel as part of my tier benefits?
Yes, simply bring your card or benefit letter with you to all lounges.
4. As an Etihad Silver/Gold/Platinum Member, can I enjoy priority check-in?
Yes, all you have to do is show your membership card.
5. As an Etihad Silver/Gold/Platinum Member, can I enjoy priority boarding?
Yes, simply show your membership card.
6. As an Etihad Silver/Gold/Platinum Member, can I enjoy fast track immigration and baggage?
Yes, please show your membership card.
7: As an Etihad Silver/Gold/Platinum Member, can I enjoy the regular excess baggage allowance?
Yes, simply show your membership card.
1. Can I claim missing Etihad Guest Miles from a recent trip?
Yes, Etihad Guest Members can submit claims through an email to email@example.com
2. Will I lose any Etihad Guest Miles earned from my recent trip?
No. Reward Miles, Tier Miles, Tier Segments and Bonus Tier Miles, Promotional Miles (e.g. from Bonus Miles campaigns) will be collected but you will need to retro-claim them, so make sure you keep the boarding pass.
3. Can I accrue Etihad Guest Miles with partners like hotels, coach, car, transfers or rail?
Yes, but you cannot claim them at the moment. Please keep all receipts and retro-claim them at a later stage.
4. Can I accrue Etihad Guest Miles using my co-branded Etihad Guest creditcard (ADIB, NBAD, ADCB)?
Yes, keep using your co-branded Etihad Guest credit card as you normally do, and we will make sure you collect the necessary Etihad Guest Miles.
1. Can I call Etihad Guest for help regarding my booking or account?
As an Etihad Guest Member, you can call – and based on the type of query, the agent will ascertain if any assistance can be extended or not.
2. How do I contact Etihad Guest?
Send us an email, we will get back to you asap after the scheduled maintenance.
1. Can I enrol into the Etihad Guest Programme during the scheduled maintenance?
No, but you can enrol afterwards and still retro-claim your miles from flights flown in the previous 3 months.
2. Can I make changes to my family membership?
No, you can make changes to your family membership once we’ve completed the scheduled maintenance.
1. Can I close my Etihad Guest Membership during the scheduled maintenance?
No, you can’t close your account during the scheduled maintenance but once we’re back online, you can.
2. Can I order/re-order an Etihad Guest Membership Card online and/or via the Etihad Contact Centre?
Not while we’re offline. Once the scheduled maintenance is complete and we are back online, you can order/re-order.
3. Can I use vouchers for co-branded cards for redemption?
During the scheduled maintenance, members will not be able to use vouchers. Redemption of vouchers will be available only post-scheduled maintenance.
4. Can I edit my profile during this period?
No, but once the scheduled maintenance is complete and we are back online, you can edit your profile.
5. Can I change my password during the scheduled maintenance period?
No, but once the scheduled maintenance is complete and we are back online, you can change your password.
BusinessConnectMembers and Administrators please note:
1. BusinessConnect members:
If you are a BusinessConnect member, please note the same functionalities below will be temporarily unavailable during the maintenance period. Please refer to the above sections for more details.
2. BusinessConnect login:
Please note the above functionalities will not be accessible by BusinessConnect administrators nor the employees linked to the BusinessConnectaccount during the period of maintenance.
Enrolment into BusinessConnect:
1. Why can’t I login to my BusinessConnect Account via the website?
The BusinessConnect login area is temporarily unavailable whilst we carry out essential website maintenance. This means that during this time you will not be able to access or update your account information, make changes and upgrades to bookings, and redeem flights. Our Reward Shop will also be offline.
1. Can I enrol for BusinessConnect during the scheduled maintenanceperiod?
No, you can enrol after the scheduled maintenance period is over.
Linked Etihad Guest Memberships to BusinessConnect accounts:
1. Can I make changes to the BusinessConnect account by linking new employee members to the account?
No, you can’t. You will be able to make changes to your account after the maintenance period is over.
Note that they use the wording that they try to be back online by September 18 but apparently cannot be sure.
Etihad Guest program is the only that I know of that is unable to post the tier expiry on their website. How inconvenient? I recently had to drop Guest program an email to find out when my Platinum status was to expire.
This has to be more than a mere “maintenance”. You don’t take your systems down for two days for merely a maintenance.