Starwood started their Sheraton club initiative about a year ago that required all the Sheraton’s to have a club lounge that is open 7 days a week. They (Starwood) have had a mixed success getting hotels to sign up/comply with the brand requirements, however.
Now, Starwood is offering extra 1000 Starpoints per stay booked using American Express for Sheraton Club accommodations for stays until May 31st, 2012. You need to make the booking using the following link or book either using DAILYFS or SICLUB rate codes.
Expect to pay the full Club rate in order to get the 1000 extra Starwood Starpoints. If you are a Platinum member, there is really no need to pay and book a Club rate in order to have the “club” access. Domestic clubs in the United States are rarely if ever worth the price premium they command. Internationally club access can make sense depending of the price and how much of the club you are planning to take advantage off. For the most part, I call rate promotions like this “screw your employer” one.
Here’s one example from Sheraton Garden Grove. Their lowest public rate is $111.
The AAA club rate is $143.
And the Club rate that is eligible for this promotion $152.
Here are the Terms and conditions of this offer that you can also find at here:
- Offer is valid at participating Sheraton Hotels & Resorts consumed on an eligible rate plan between February 21, 2012 and May 31, 2012.
- Book online at Sheraton.com/Club or by phone and ask for promotion code CL1. From the U.S. and Canada, please call 800-325-3535 for reservations or click here to view a list of worldwide toll-free phone numbers.
- 1,000 Starpoints per stay will be credited to the member’s account within 4-6 weeks of the stay posting to the member’s Starwood Preferred Guest account.
- Multiple rooms charged to the same member during the same stay will only count as one stay.
- An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights booked on DAILYFS or SICLUB rate plans in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-in or check-outs that occur and post to the member’s Starwood Preferred Guest® account.
- All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice, and can be found at SPG.com.
- Rates are per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and availability at time of reservation and do not include additional per room, per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes.
- A limited number of rooms may be available at these rates.
- Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.
- Offer not applicable to groups.
- Not to be combined with other offers or promotions and subject to change.
- Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
- Starpoints, SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, Le Meridien, The Luxury Collection, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.