Word of warning. Avis run a similar promotion last year and it was very difficult for many to get the miles that they were due from Avis. If you decide to participate to this offer, make sure that you follow the Terms and conditions to the letter, and keep copies of reservations/receipts until you have the miles posted in to your account.
To get the 50000 bonus miles you need to have 6 rentals each of 3 days or longer between April 1st and 30th of September 2012. The reservations need to have the Flying Blue AWD number that depends of your Flying Blue status and your Flying Blue number.
Please note that you can probably get lower rates from Avis using various discount codes that are not eligible for this offer. Last year, I was looking to participate, but it just wouldn’t work for me. The rates were too high using the Flying Blue codes compared to other ones that I was eligible for. Obviously this depends where you rent and which discount codes you are eligible for.
If the rates are competitive using the Flying Blue discount codes, it makes sense to rent using them. Although Flying Blue charger very high fuel surcharges even on award tickets, the miles can come handy at time.
Here are the Terms and conditions of this offer:
Terms and Conditions:
- Qualifying rentals must be booked and taken between 1st April and 30th September 2012.
- To qualify, reservations must be made using a Flying Blue/Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number: Ivory members F982700; Silver members F982800; Gold members F982900; Platinum members F983000 or with an Air France Flying Blue AWD number: Silver i939700; Gold i939800; Platinum i939900. Reservations made on www.avis-flyingblue.com and klm.com and AF.com (with Flying Blue membership level selected) will automatically have the correct AWD embedded in the rental.
- To qualify, rentals must include the Flying Blue membership number of the first named driver (the “renter”). This Flying Blue card number must be given at time of reservation and the card shown at time of rental.
- The promotion is only valid for rentals of 3 days or more.
- The promotion is only valid for separate rentals and not rentals with consecutive rental dates.
- Rentals made using Avis contracted (corporate/government) rates/AWDs, chauffeur drive, or van rentals do not qualify for Flying Blue Miles. Travel industry staff rates including Flying Blue/AF/KLM and Avis employee programmes, replacement/insurance rates, selected association programmes, and net rate programmes do not qualify for Flying Blue Miles.
- The Flying Blue Miles Accumulator bonus is not valid on Prestige rentals worldwide.
- Valid for all participating rental locations worldwide.
- Bonuses will be awarded on the following basis: ” 2nd qualifying rental = 2000 bonus Flying Blue Miles ” 3rd qualifying rental = 5000 bonus Flying Blue Miles ” 4th qualifying rental = 7500 bonus Flying Blue Miles ” 5th qualifying rental = 14000 bonus Flying Blue Miles ” 6th qualifying rental = 20000 bonus Flying Blue Miles “. These Accumulator bonuses in addition to the minimum standard Flying Blue Miles award of 500 Flying Blue Miles will equal a total award of at least 51,500 Flying Blue Miles for the 6 rentals.
- The Accumulator bonus will be awarded on the first qualifying 6 rentals made between 1st April and 30th September 2011. No further Accumulator bonuses will be awarded beyond the 6th rental.
- The awarding of Flying Blue Miles may take up to 8 weeks from date of rental.
- This promotion and all Flying Blue Miles issued are subject to Flying Blue terms and conditions.
- Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other coupon, promotion or mileage offer.
- Renter must meet standard Avis age, driver and credit requirements
- Valid on rentals made via the Avis Call Centre.