Many of us, myself included, have started to stay at the Club Carlson properties due to number of very lucrative promotions that they have run recently. You can still take advantage of the following three promotions (as of writing this May 2012) that will earn you, base points and online booking bonuses included, over 150K Club Carlson bonus points by staying at three different Carlson hotel brands; Radisson Big Night Giveaway, Country Inn & Suites by Radisson Stay One Get One, and Park Inn & Suites Stay One Get One.
Here’s a chart that shows the benefits by status level in a nutshell
Club Carlson Red
When you sign up for the Club Carlson, you will start at the Red level. It just basically means that you have enrolled to the program and will earn points for booking Radisson family of hotels online and based on the room revenue.
You will have complimentary internet access at all Radisson hotels worldwide and at ALL Carlson Rezidor hotels in North America.
You will get 1000 bonus Club Carlson points for every reservation that you book on Carlson family of hotels websites.
Club Carlson Silver 15 nights/10 stays
You can get the Club Carlson Silver status after 15 nights or 10 stays within a calendar year. There are occasional promotions for getting this status by just sign up up for the program using a correct link. You can also do a status match to Club Carlson program if you have a status with a competing chain. You can read more about the Club Carlson status match process here.
Being a Silver you are eligible for 25% bonus points based on your folio revenue, 2000 bonus points for booking online at any Radisson family of hotels website, early check in & late checkout, room upgrades, rollover nights, and elite
Club Carlson Gold 35 nights/20 stays
At the Gold level you are starting to get more benefits. To my surprise one of the benefits, the ability to book discounted stays is not listed at all on the main Gold benefit page of the program. I have covered the discounted rates on my recent post.
At the Gold level you will get 50% bonus points on eligible folio revenue, 2000 bonus points for bookings made on Radisson family of hotels, early check ins and late check outs, room upgrades, roll over nights, 72 hour room availability guarantee at participating hotels, and elite phone line.
Club Carlson will match to Gold status if you have similar level status with a competing chain. I recently wrote a piece about the Carlson’s status match process and you can access it here.
Club Carlson Concierge 75 nights /30 stays
This is the highest status that you can have with the Club Carlson. You will need 75 nights or 30 stays to achieve it.
At this level you will receive a complimentary continental breakfast, 75% bonus points on the folio revenue, 3000 bonus points for reservations made at Radisson family of hotels websites, early check in & late check-out, room upgrades, rollover nights, 48 hour room availability guarantee at participating hotels, and a Global Concierge service.
The Club Carlson elite level benefits sound rather good, but if we look at the actual terms and conditions they are rarely confirmed, but rather based on availability or by request etc.
Some other chains like Starwood and Hyatt both promise guaranteed 4PM check out with very few exceptions. Also, InterContinental Royal Ambassador status gives a guaranteed 8AM check in. Some other chains like Hilton also extend the breakfast benefit for mid-tier elites i.e. Gold.
Here are the Terms and conditions of the elite benefits:
- All member benefits may vary by participating hotel, are subject to availability, may not be available at all locations, and are subject to change at any time. For elite member benefits, you must qualify for elite status each calendar year in order to receive elite benefits.
- All members earn an online booking bonus when booking reservations online at clubcarlson.com or any Carlson Hotels brand website (the number of bonus Gold Points varies based on membership tier status) and free high speed internet at Radisson hotels worldwide and at Carlson hotels in North America (standard internet service only). For online booking bonus, regular eligibility rate rules apply and will not be awarded for reservations made through a third-party reservation site or for redemption stays. Bonus points are credited after the stay is completed.
All other benefits are for elite members as specified below:
- Club Carlson Concierge members are eligible to receive one complimentary continental breakfast per night of member’s stay. Continental breakfast offerings will vary by hotel but may include an assortment of cereals, breads, fresh fruit, juices, coffee, tea and milk and may be provided via buffet or menu (at hotel’s discretion) in the hotel restaurant as determined by the participating Radisson®, Park Inn®, or Park Plaza® hotel. Complimentary continental breakfast is not available through room service.
- Complimentary room upgrade is determined by the participating hotel depending on availability at time of check-in. Upgraded room types will vary, but may include rooms with a higher or lower floor, rooms with preferred view, or recently renovated rooms. All upgrades subject to availability.
- Elite Point bonus is in addition to the standard Gold Points received for eligible stays while member has elite status. Point bonus does not apply to other point earning opportunities.
- Early check-in and late checkout are subject to availability upon request at the hotel and may be requested for up to 2 hours prior to or later than the hotel’s published check-in and check-out time provided the elite member has a credit card number on file for the reservation.
- Roll Over Nights are any elite qualifying nights remaining in member’s account at the end of each calendar year in excess of those used to qualify the member for elite status. Roll Over Nights will be added to the member’s elite qualifying night count for the next year but will not carry over more than one year.
- Room availability guarantee must be requested via the Elite Member Service line and is only available for an Elite member’s personal guestroom. The 48-hour or 72-hour guarantee is calculated based on noon local hotel time on the intended arrival day. Guaranteed room availability is for a standard room only at standard rates, and is subject to the participating hotel’s standard guarantee and cancellation policy. Free Award Nights or Points + Cash Award Stays are not eligible for the room availability guarantee. Room availability guarantee is not available at the Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, and does not apply in cases where a nationally or internationally recognized event is occurring within fifty miles of a participating hotel (as determined by Club Carlson).
- All other Club Carlson terms and conditions apply.