You have through June 30th, 2012 to decide the option of the SPG nice Choice Summer promotion that fits you the best. Sad to say, but this is the worst SPG promotion for the past four years for me. It can work for some, however.
I have written few pieces about this promotion before it was launched. I got hold off on an internal Starwood memo about this promotion. They were expecting this promotion to drive few million extra room nights during the promotional period. Hope that it is the case. In my case it has merely made me to book away from Starwood.
Later, I had a post about a strategy you should take. You should read the original post I wrote about these offers.
Here are the “real” choices again:
1. Choose double points if you have no idea about the number of nights you will have.
2. Choose triple points if you are sure that you will have more than 15 nights.
You may entertain the following options as well:
1. Free weekend night cat 1 to 5 certificate (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) after 10 nights. Max 2. Downsides are the category, day of use requirement and the expiry before the end of the year. This can “theoretically” be worth 16K SPG if you use it during the high season.
2. 3K SPG after every 6 nights – max 18 nights and 9K SPG.
3. 500 extra Starpoints per night at Sheraton hotels.
Remember that you need to register for this promotion through June 30th, 2012.