Marriott Rewards just announced their fall 2012 MegaBonus. As has been the case with these Marriott bonus promotions, they have number of targeted versions that are dependent of your activity in the past. The fall MegaBonus is valid for stays between September 15th, 2012 and January 15th, 2013. You need to register for the promotion by October 31st, 2012.
Here are the options for the Marriott Rewards 2012 MegaBonus:
You can access the Marriott’s page for this promotion here, but you will need to be most likely logged in to your account before you can access it. It didn’t open up for me, but the information about the promotion was in my Marriott Rewards Promotion Central.
I was targeted for the free night certificate version of this promotion and it does work for me. It is actually funny that the photo used for promotion is from the Courtyard Bali Nusa Dua hotel where I was last year. You can read my review of this property here.
If the targeted promotion doesn’t work for you, I have written a piece about how to get it changed. Marriott allows targeted promotions to be changed. I did it by myself during the last promotion round and got my three free night certificates.
Marriott has been very predictable with its MegaBonus promotions for years. I love the fact that they are announced always very early so that you can plan accordingly.
My personal choice for the past few years has always been the free night certificates. They don’t work well in the Americas or Europe due to category 1 to 4 limitation, but there are plenty of properties in the Middle East and Asia where you can use them.
Edited: There is a choice of up to 2 category 1 to 5 certificates as well. I will probably do the 3 category 1 to 4 version of this promotion though.
Here are the terms and conditions of the free night certificate version of this promotion:
2012 Fall MegaBonus®
Terms and Conditions
- Registration is required.
- Marriott Rewards® members who register for this promotion by October 31, 2012, will earn one (1) free night award at a category 1-4 hotel after each second paid stay made between September 15, 2012, and January 15, 2013, at a participating Marriott® property.
- The member receiving this offer has been specifically targeted and the offer is not transferable.
- Maximum three (3) free night awards earned with this promotion per member.
- An earned free night award can be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-4 properties for one (1) free night. Free night award will expire one (1) year after the date of issuance.
- An earned free night award is good for one (1) single or double occupancy standard room only and includes the cost of the hotel room and applicable room taxes only.
- An earned free night award will be added to the member’s account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay.
- Awards are not transferable and may not be given as a gift. This offer is not transferable.
- Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit.
- A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
- Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
- Participating brands include JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by MarriottSM, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott® and Marriott Vacation Club®.
- Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
- All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
- Visit MarriottRewards.com/MegaBonus , call 888-MARRIOTT (627-7468) or call your local Marriott Rewards Customer Support office for