Shangri-La has interesting promotion going on until September 30th, 2012. You will earn double Golden Circle points and elite qualifying nights at Shangri-La, Traders & Kerry hotels. If you are not a member yet, you will also earn 500 bonus Golden Circle points after your first stay.
Thing to note here is the fact that according to the terms and conditions of this promotion only NIGHTS are doubled and not stays.
The Jade level normally requires 20 nights or 10 stays and the Diamond level 50 nights or 25 stays. During the promotional period the requirement is 10 nights or stays for jade and 25 nights or stays for Diamond.
I haven’t stayed at a Shangri-La hotel, Traders or Kerry hotel for a long time, but was considering Traders as one of the options when I was in Yangon recently. If you are staying at any of the Shangri-La group of hotels, it makes sense to sign up for the Golden Circle program and this promotion.
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
- The offer is valid from 1 July to 30 September 2012 at any Shangri-La hotel, resort, Traders hotel or Kerry hotel.
- Golden Circle (GC) members who stay during the promotion period on Qualifying Room Rates are eligible to earn double qualifying nights and double GC Award Points.
- Qualifying nights are room nights under Qualifying Room Rates excluding Long Stay Rate and Non-Qualifying Negotiated Rate that will count towards qualification for the next higher tier and renewal of the current tier Golden Circle membership status.
- For Non-Qualifying Negotiated Rate, GC members are ineligible to earn double qualifying nights but are eligible to earn double GC Award Points during the promotion period.
- For Long Stay Rate, GC members are ineligible to earn double qualifying nights and double GC Award Points during the promotion period.
- Qualifying spending during the stay charged to the room account is eligible to earn double GC Award Points.
- GC members are also eligible to earn double GC Award Points for any non-stay qualifying spending on food and beverage or at CHI, The Spa.
- Double GC Award Points are awarded on Base Points earned during stay or non-stay transactions.
- If GC members choose to earn airline miles instead of GC Award Points for stays during the promotion period, they are eligible to earn double qualifying nights only.
- Five hundred (500) bonus GC Award Points will be credited to a new member who enrols online and who made a qualifying stay during the promotion period.
- The 500 bonus GC Award Points will be credited to the new member’s account four to six weeks after the promotion period ends.
- Golden Circle membership and GC Award Points are non-transferable. Multiple enrolments by a single person or duplicate enrolments by existing GC members will not be entitled to the 500 bonus GC Award Points.
- GC members must quote their membership numbers at the time of room reservation and present their membership cards when paying the bill at the participating hotel restaurant or using the services of CHI, The Spa as a non-staying guest in order to earn double GC Award Points.
- The offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offers and promotions.
- Golden Circle reserves the right to amend any terms and conditions stated herein and may withdraw or discontinue the promotions at any time without prior notice.
- Terms and conditions of the Golden Circle Programme apply.