Starwood has teamed up with Air Canada’s Aeroplan by offering up to 8000 bonus Aeroplan miles. All you need to do is to have an Aeroplan account and sign up for this promotion. You don’t have to change your earnings from Starpoints to miles to be eligible for this offer. You can combine this offer with Starwood Better by The Night promotion that offers double/triple points for stays and online booking bonuses.
Here’s the breakdown this promotion:
– You will receive 3000 bonus miles if you stay total of 3 nights during the promotional period
– If you stay total of 5 nights or longer, you will receive 5000 bonus miles. Note that the nights do not have to be consecutive.
– If you have at least 3 nights at Starwood properties in Canada, you will receive an additional 3000 bonus miles.
This promotion is valid from September 10 to December 9, 2012. Note that you need to register for this promotion prior to your stay.
If you are going to have any Starwood stays during this promotion period, there is absolutely no downside for registering for this promotion. These Aeroplan miles are in addition to the Starpoints you will earn from your stays as you don’t have to change your earning preferences.
Redeeming Aeroplan miles is rather expensive nowadays. They charge fuel surcharge on redemptions so redeeming for anything else than business or first class doesn’t make too much sense.
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
- Aeroplan Bonus Miles are offered to eligible Aeroplan members who stay a minimum of three to five nights paying an Eligible Rate at participating Starwood properties during the promotional period. Advance reservations are required and bookings are based on availability. Black out dates may apply . Offer not applicable to groups. Reservations must be made directly with Starwood (by phone, www.starwoodhotels.com, or specific Starwood property website) or via a travel agent. Bookings via third-party online retailers and other wholesalers are not eligible for this bonus offer promotion. You must be a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest Program and have registered for this promotion. Membership in the SPG program is free. Please visit www.spg.com. All Starwood Preferred Guest terms and conditions apply. Please allow six to eight weeks after the promotion ends for Aeroplan Miles to be posted to your Aeroplan account.
- An Eligible Rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest program. SPG-participating hotels and resorts and a description of Eligible Rates can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions. See Section 1.4 for the complete definition of Eligible Rates, but note that certain prepaid rooms where the booking is made through a third party (including but not limited to travelocity.com, expedia.com and orbitz.com) are not Eligible Rates and do not earn Starpoints or qualify toward promotional earnings.
- Qualifications and Starwood Terms: All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at spg.com. Offer is applicable to individual members only and not to groups. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. To update your communication preferences or learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement on spg.com/privacy, or access our privacy information line by calling 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries. Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, Element, Sheraton, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates. Void where prohibited by law.