Qatar Airways just launched a new Easy Deals initiative. Every month they will have number of destinations at up to 50% off of the usual number of miles required. You need to pay the usual taxes/fees and fuel surcharges.
It is somewhat weird that you need to register for this promotion at least 24 hours prior making the award booking. The booking window is open from 15 September to 22 of October for travel from October 1 to October 23, 2012.
Easy Deals is our new programme feature that offers you the opportunity to redeem award tickets online on Qatar Airways for up to 50% less Qmiles.
Every month, Easy Deals will showcase an array of Qatar Airways flights on select routes, where you can save Qmiles.
To avail our Easy Deals, follow these simple steps:
- Click on the below link(s) to view the available Easy Deals
- Register for our Easy Deals at least 24 hours prior to booking an award ticket, by logging into your membership account, click on “Manage Qmiles” and select Easy Deals for the applicable month from the “Register for an offer” menu. Alternatively, you can register by calling our Member Service Centre at +974 4449 6449
- Redeem your award ticket online by clicking on “Book & Upgrade” menu and take advantage of our Easy Deals. Should your trip contain any of the listed sectors, you will enjoy attractive mileage savings.
The wording on the confirmation page indicates that these awards are valid only on the exact one-way city pairs listed i.e. Buenos Aires to Sao Paulo wouldn’t include Sao Paulo to Buenos Aires. I would hope to be wrong, however.
Here’s the list of destinations:
Quite often the fuel surcharges spoil these sale deals. The YQ’s (fuel surcharges) are somewhat reasonable on Qatar Airways, however. Here is an example from Seoul to Doha that is on sale using miles. The YQ is 139K KRW that is around $123.
I really like award sales and glad that they are coming to Qatar Airways as well. The only drawback is the rather short booking and flying window. These are most useful for Doha based passengers as vast majority flights are either Doha originating or terminating.
There are few of gems like Buenos Aires to Sao Paulo for 6500 miles in business class. That is really a steal. I took that flight two weeks ago.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Only applicable on Qatar Airways operated flights on select routes.
- Award seats are limited and subject to availability
- Easy Deals Award levels are applicable only for award tickets redeemed online at qmiles.com.
- Members need to register for the offer at least 24 hours prior to booking an award ticket.
- Not valid in conjuction with any other offer.
- Redemptions are valid for anyone the member chooses. Each redemption may include up to 9 passengers on the same transaction.
- Qmiles plus Cash option and award upgrades are excluded from Easy Deals Awards.
- Date changes not within the offer period or route changes not part of sectors on offer will be subject to the corresponding fees and additional Qmiles will be charged.
- If some sectors of your trip are not within the offer period or part of the promotional sectors, those sectors will be charged at regular Qmiles.
- Regular award tickets Terms and Conditions apply.