United Airlines sent an email out yesterday for a 50% bonus on Premier qualifying miles (PQM’s or EQM’s as I would rather call them). You can try to see if this offer is open for you as well. My account was not targeted.
The thing to note here is that this offer is valid for new ticket purchases made between September 13 to December 7, 2012, and for travel completed by December 7,2012.
The headline of this offer is misleading “Earn up to double Premier qualifying miles”. Higher fare classes already earn 50% bonus and combining with this offer, you can earn 200% PQM bonus first class, business class and high economy class fares. It is quite surprising that they are offering the 50% PQM bonus even for the lowest economy fare buckets.
You can always check to see if your account is targeted for this offer. If not, you will see a message saying that your account is not eligible.
Here are terms and conditions of this offer:
- Offer valid for members originally targeted, including original recipients of the email invitation.
- To qualify for the offer, register on united.com, then purchase and complete paid qualifying trips anywhere United flies.
- Offer valid for tickets purchased between September 13, 2012 and December 7, 2012 for travel completed between September 13, 2012 and December 7, 2012.
- On paid qualifying flights members can earn 50% additional bonus PQM for tickets purchased in United Global First, United First, United BusinessFirst, United Business and full-fare United Economy (F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y and B booking classes), and 50% bonus PQM for tickets purchased in discounted United Economy (M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L, G, N and K booking classes).
- This offer does not apply to Premier qualifying segments, class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, redeemable bonus miles or other promotional PQM.
- PQM cannot be redeemed for award travel.
- Offer is not valid on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers.
- Offer is not valid on government fares.
- Offer is not combinable and can be earned an unlimited number of times.
- Bonus will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account at the end of the promotion period, and by December 31, 2012.
- E-Ticket® purchase is required. Tickets purchased in the U.S. through United Reservations are subject to a $25 ticketing fee and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are subject to a $30 ticketing fee. Fees are subject to change.
- Flight activity must be posted to the member’s account by December 15, 2012 in order to qualify for this promotion.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
- Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. For complete details about the program, visit united.com/mileageplus.
Promotion code TB4M54