Marriott Rewards has a free night offer for new members that join Marriott Rewards and have a paid stay at any of the participating hotels in Europe after signing up. You need to join Marriott Rewards using this link and have your first stay between October 15 and January 15, 2013. There is a similar offer for new members that sign up in Asia-Pacific as well.
Please note that this offer was sent to Hertz Gold Club members. I don’t see how they could track the sign ups as the link to join is not personalized.
Free night certificate after one paid stay, is a very good sign up offer. Marriott also has a current MegaBonus offer for bonus points or free night certificates after every two paid stays. If you are considering having more Marriott stays, you can contact Marriott and request taste of Gold or Platinum challenge.
This is very good offer for trying out Marriott. Remember that you need to have the first stay after signing up in Europe to be eligible for the free night certificate.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
Marriott Rewards/Hertz Free Night Certificate Terms & Conditions
- This offer is valid only for a specific audience of Hertz Gold Club members who reside in Europe. Only those who receive this promotion directly may participate.
- Hertz Gold Club members who enrol in the Marriott Rewards programme will earn one free night certificate at a Marriott Category 1-4 hotel after completing one paid stay between 15 October 2012 and 15 January 2013 at a participating Marriott hotel in Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey or the United Kingdom.
- The Free Night certificate is valid at more than 2,800 Category 1-4 hotels. For a listing of Category 1-4 hotels, please visit Marriott.com/rewards/use-points.mi.
- Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton,® will count towards achievement.
- A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- You may use additional Marriott Rewards points to upgrade your room type, subject to availability.
- Certificate will be automatically deposited into your Marriott Rewards online account 3-5 days after making one paid stay. Please note that this is an electronic certificate; therefore, a paper certificate will not be issued.
- Certificate is for a standard room type.
- Certificate is valid only in connection with individual travel and is not applicable to group travel, package tours, conventions or other special rates and/or package programmes.
- Certificate may be used to pay for the expense of your room and related room taxes only.
- Certificate may not be used to pay for food, beverages, service charges, other taxes or other incidental expenses.
- You will not earn Marriott Rewards points or airline miles for room charges or room tax covered by the Certificate.
- Nights spent while redeeming an award do not count towards Elite-level membership.
- Certificate is good for one night and for one room only.
- Certificate must be redeemed within six months from the date of issue.
- Certificate must be used by the member.
- Certificate cannot be extended past expiration date or re-credited for Marriott Rewards points or air miles.
- Certificate is non-transferable and has no cash value. All reservations are subject to Marriott Rewards redemption availability.
- When redeeming your Certificate:
- Log on to Marriott.co.uk to make your reservation
- Once the reservation is complete, the hotel will receive an electronic notice of your Free Night certificate
- You will receive an email confirmation of your award reservation
- You can also make reservations by calling 44 20 7012 7312 from the United Kingdom; 0699 508 6492 from Germany and +971 4 217 3579 from Dubai, UAE.