United seems to be experimenting with a new offer for trying to sell some miles. This time the bonus amount is dependent how many people are buying or sharing miles. The price under this offer if calculated at the maximum 60% bonus is 2.35 cents per mile. This offer is valid until October 19 11:59 PM CDT. You can access this offer here.
The good thing about this specific promotion is that you could buy up to the yearly maximum of 100K miles and if enough people buy/share get the 60% bonus in top of that.
This is not a terrific offer. If you need some United miles for international business or first class redemption, it can make sense to buy. The current offer from US Airways for buying Dividend Miles is far better.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- To take advantage of this offer, you must use the order links on this page.
- Promotional offer valid until 11:59 p.m. CDT on October 19, 2012
- For a limited time, get a minimum of 30% bonus award miles and a maximum of 60% bonus award miles when you purchase miles via the above links
- Personal Miles or Give Miles cost $35 per 1,000 miles plus a 7.5% excise tax
- 5,000 mile minimum purchase required and then miles are available in increments of 1,000
- Purchase up to 100,000 MileagePlus Personal miles or Give Miles per account per calendar year
- For Give miles transactions, both purchased miles and bonus miles will post to the recipients MileagePlus account
- Credit card will be billed immediately for purchase
- Program fees and mileage rates subject to change
- Initial purchased base award miles post to MileagePlus account (up to 48 hours from when purchase is made) and bonus miles post up to 7 days after promotion ends.
- Personal Miles and Give Miles are non-refundable
- These miles can only be used for awards and do not count toward Premier® status
- If you have questions or concerns about this offer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
- All MileagePlus Program Rules and terms and conditions apply