Priority Club announced their best price guarantee September last year. The main catch was and still is that you can get the first night free if you find a lower price from a competing website.
There have been quite a few changes already since inception of this guarantee like requirement of both prices to be on the same currency and requirement of cancellation & payment policies to be same.
Now, Priority Club has enacted two new rules:
1. You or anybody living in your household cannot claim consecutive free nights at properties that are within 50 miles of each other.
2. Abuse of the program.
There must have been some that have been claiming consecutive free nights at different properties. Now, Priority club is trying to put an end to this. If you are traveling with someone, you can do separate BRG’s for different nights and it would be ok under this rule as long as you are not living in the same household
Abuse of the program? It is clear that if someone is trying to resell/barter these free nights that it is not ok. But let’s say that someone claims 50 free nights a year out of this program. Is it abusing it?
All the hotel chains have some sort of “Best Rate Guarantee”. The Priority Club one is not yet totally watered down, although introducing same currency requirement made it close.
If you are planning to take advantage of Priority Club’s guarantee, you should familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions of this offer closely.
Here are the current terms and conditions of this guarantee:
Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions
Best Price Guarantee is our promise to guests who book directly on our branded websites. We have made additional adjustments to the Guarantee and to the Terms and Conditions to further define what claims will qualify and to further help identify and support valid claims.
Best Price Guarantee: Every hotel reservation booked through an IHG web site is guaranteed to have the lowest room price (room rate) or total room cost (including all taxes and fees) publicly available on the internet or IHG will provide the first night’s room price free and match the lower average nightly room price found for that stay for the rest of the nights of that stay, under the following terms and conditions:
- Book. Complete a valid (meaning a complete booking with an approved credit card) room booking with the lowest available price (room rate) on any IHG website for any IHG branded hotel using the “Best Available Rate Search.”
- Lower Price. If you find a lower room price that also has a lower total room cost (including taxes and fees) for a one-night stay, or a lower average nightly room price that also has a lower average total room cost (including taxes and fees) for a multi-night stay, on a non-IHG website within 24 hours after booking on an IHG websites for the same stay, we will provide you with the first night’s room price at the IHG hotel free and match the lower average nightly room price found for your entire stay for the rest of the nights of your stay after verification of the lower average nightly room price and lower average total room cost (including taxes and fees).
- Reporting an IHG of a Claim. Contact us using the online claim form or by contacting the Best Price Guarantee Support Desk within twenty-four (24) hours after your booking on any IHG website to make a claim under the Best Price Guarantee. The average nightly lower room price and lower total room cost must be available for booking at the time of claim verification and both must be lower than those found on an IHG website, as determined by IHG customer service representatives.
- Matching Rooms. The Best Price Guarantee is available only for the exact same room type. For example, if you book a king bed with a sofa bed room type on an IHG website, and are comparing it to a non-IHG website, you must find a price with the same king bed with sofa bed room type on the other website.
- Matching Terms. All terms for the room price, including, but not limited to pre-payment, deposit or other requirements must be equal to terms found on an IHG website to be used for comparison. For example, when you book a room that may be cancelled without penalty on an IHG website, you may not compare it to a room with a pre-paid or non-refundable price on a non-IHG website. The Best Price Guarantee is not available for bookings on websites where the booking details are unknown until after purchase.
- Matching Prices. For multi-night stays, the average nightly room price and the average nightly total room cost found on a non-IHG website will be compared to the average nightly room price and the average nightly total room cost for your multi-night reservation on the IHG website. The room price and the total room cost on the non-IHG website must be available in the currency of the hotel. The average nightly room price and the average nightly total room cost must each be a minimum difference of 1% or $1 USD (or the equivalent in the hotel’s currency) (whichever is higher) of the IHG room price and the IHG total room cost, respectively. In the event that the total room price, including taxes and fees, is the same on both the IHG website and the non-IHG website, then the claim will not be valid.. Coupons or vouchers may not be utilized to lower published room prices for the purposes of making a claim. The room price and the total room cost must be quoted, booked, and paid for in the currency of the hotel. The Guarantee does not include extra fees such as extra person charges, except as stated in paragraph 6.b. below. Regardless of the number of lower prices found, only one free night will be awarded per stay. For valid claims, each additional night’s room price during the stay will be lowered to match the average nightly price for the entire stay found on the non-IHG website.6. b. Japan. In Japan and on the ANA website, the room price does include extra person fees. ANA hotels are not eligible for Best Price Guarantee rooms, but all other IHG hotels on the ANAIHG website are eligible.
- Comparison Prices Must Be Available to the General Public Online. The Best Price Guarantee applies only to prices both advertised and available to the general public on a non-IHG website at the time of verification. For example, this does not include prices offered on membership program websites; corporate discounts; negotiated prices; group, rewards program, incentive, meeting, convention, consolidator or interline prices; prices obtained via auction or similar process; or prices available only by using a coupon or other promotion not offered to the general public. The average nightly lower price may not come from a website where you call to get the price, or from an e-mail that you received.
- Packages Comparison. “Room prices that include food or beverage items such as breakfast or dinner, entertainment items such as tickets to a show, and/or free local calls, parking or other bundled items will be considered as packages. These package or inclusive prices must be compared to prices with the same type of inclusive items.”
- Rewards Points. Priority Club Rewards points are determined based on the price actually paid by the guest at the time of check out, assuming the price otherwise qualifies for points. Points are not awarded on free nights. The Best Price Guarantee does not apply to Priority Club Award Nights booked on an IHG website.
- Additional Free Night Restrictions. Once a valid claim has been made and approved by IHG for a specific date, no further claims by the same person will be accepted for the same date. If members of the same household make claims for consecutive nights at the same IHG hotel or at different IHG hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other, only the Best Price Guarantee claim for the first night will be honored. In the event of a valid claim, reservations are non-transferable after the claim is found to be valid, and the name on the reservation must remain the same as when the claim is verified and no additional names may be added to the reservation after the claim is found to be valid. Valid government issued ID is required upon check-in that matches the name found on the reservation. Employees of any IHG company or employees at any IHG hotel are not eligible for the Best Price Guarantee.
- Verification of Claims. All claims are subject to verification by IHG. IHG must be able to verify the lower room price and the total room cost (and, for multi-night stays, the average lower room price and the average total room cost) found on the non-IHG website at the time the claim is processed and verify that both the room price and the total room cost at the time of verification are lower than those found on IHG’s websites.
- Changes. IHG reserves the right to modify, restrict availability, or discontinue the Best Price Guarantee, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you. The IHG Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions that are in effect at the time of your booking will determine your eligibility under the Best Price Guarantee.
- Abuse of Best Price Guarantee. IHG reserves the right to cancel a previously awarded free night and to cancel the lower prices for the rest of the nights of a multi-night reservation if it is found that a customer has violated or circumvented the Best Price Guarantee Terms & Conditions. Resale of rooms eligible for the Best Price Guarantee is strictly prohibited. In the event IHG believes that a room eligible for the Best Price Guarantee has been resold, or the Best Price Guarantee is otherwise being intentionally abused or manipulated to circumvent its intent, we reserve the right to cancel the previously-awarded free room night and to cancel the lower prices for the rest of the nights of a multi-night reservation, and to reject future Best Price Guarantee claims from any persons who participated in such actions.
- Definitions. A “non-IHG website” is defined as a website not owned by IHG, that sells IHG rooms’ inventory directly to consumers, and that provides a confirmation of a completed reservation at the moment of completion of that reservation. Sites that do not reveal the hotel brand name until after the payment has been completed (including bidding sites) do not qualify for this Guarantee. A “stay” is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel location, regardless of frequency of check-in/check-out.
Published on 10/22/12