Gulf Air has a 50% off award sale going on for travel between November 1 and December 6, 2012. You can redeem for economy class and Falcon Gold (business class) for half the usual number of miles required on entire Gulf Air network. You can access the information about this sale here.
I was trying to find out an award chart for cities served by Gulf Air, but couldn’t find it on their website. I sent an email to their customer service. In the meantime, you can use their calculator that only shows the miles required between BAH and the destinations served by Gulf Air.
They do have an award booking engine that appears to be working, but you cannot use it without having the required miles sitting on your FalconFlyer account.
There seems to be some work left to be done on the website. It asked me to log in few times that looked more like their internal system.
Gulf Air is the original gulf carrier that hasn’t been able to compete with Etihad, Qatar, or Emirates. They still do, however, have a nice network around the Middle East/Indian Subcontinent.
I have flown with them both in business and economy few times. Last economy flight was this spring from Dubai to Bangkok that was bought in less than 24 hours before departure and cost around $300. Earned some AAdvantage miles out of that flight as well.
Here are the terms and conditions regarding this offer:
• Open for sale until 5th of December 2012
• Offer is valid for travel from 1st of November to 5th of December 2012
• Outbound travel from 01st of November 2012
• Travel must be completed by 5th of December 2012
• Applicable for redemption tickets on Economy and Falcon Gold Class
• Valid on Gulf Air flights only, not applicable on codeshare flights operated by other airlines
• Not applicable for upgrades
• Normal redemption rules apply