Hilton has a bonus offer for Alitalia MileMiglia members for up to 6000 bonus miles for stays between October 1 and January 31, 2013. You need to register for this promotion before your stay and have Alitalia as your preferred Double Dip airline partner. You can read more about Double Dipping with Hilton HHonors here.
Although this offer has been valid from October 1, I would have these stays only after January 1st, 2013. Stays this year will credit towards MileMiglia’s 2008 to 2012 program. Stays in 2013 will credit towards MileMiglia’s 2013 program.
I know that this is very confusing because Alitalia hasn’t come entirely clear what is happening with the miles that have been earned in the 2008 to 2012 program.
Here’s the bonus that you would earn:
1st stay – 1000 bonus miles
2nd stay – 1000 bonus miles
3rd stay – 2000 bonus miles
4th stay – 2000 bonus miles
These bonus miles are in addition to the base miles that you would earn from your Hilton stays.
Points & Fixed Miles or Points & Variable Miles?
Whether you should choose fixed or variable miles, is dependent of the folio amount of your stay and the Hilton family of hotel brand.
At full service properties, you should choose variable miles if your eligible folio amount is more than $600. You earn 1 miles per dollar pent under the variable mile offer.
For stay at the Hampton Inn & Homewood Suites brands, the variable miles are better options when your eligible folio exceeds $120 as the fixed miles are capped at 120.
Home2 Suites location only earns you maximum of 100 variable miles. You cannot earn fixed miles at this brand at all.
The situation is unclear with Alitalia’s MileMiglia and thus I would not credit anything to the 2008 to 2012 edition of the program. If you do, you do it at own your risk.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
*The date on which the miles awarded by this promotion are credited to the MilleMiglia Member’s account will depend entirely on the transaction date transmitted by the Partner to Alitalia.
The miles credited on a date prior to 1 January 2013 will be considered valid for the 2008-2012 edition of the MilleMiglia Program and consequently will have to be used for requesting awards within 30 June 2013, while those credited from 1 January 2013 onwards will be valid for the 2013 edition of the MilleMiglia Program.
Miles accrued in the new edition of the Program may not be cumulated with those of the 2008-2012 edition for the purpose of claiming awards.
1. To participate in the offer, you must be a Hilton HHonors™ member and first register at http://www.hhonors.com/Alitaliabonus. Membership is free. You must have Alitalia selected in your HHonors profile as your preferred airline, prior to completing your Hilton Worldwide stay. In order to earn bonus miles, HHonors members must select from two Double Dip® Earnings Style options: HHonors Points and Variable Miles or HHonors Points and Fixed Miles Points and miles cannot be retrospectively applied.
2. HHonors members choosing HHonors Points and Fixed Miles award will earn 10 HHonors Base Points per eligible U.S. dollar spent plus either 600 or 120 Miles (as applicable) per stay. Please visithttp://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/points/earningmiles.do. Members will also be awarded the following Bonus HHonors Points and Alitalia Miles:
1,000 HHonors Bonus Points on registration. Only customers that are not HHonors members and who subsequently enroll in the program will receive an additional 1000 Hilton HHonors bonus points upon registration via this promotion only.
• 1st stay: 1,000 bonus miles
• 2nd stay: 1,000 bonus miles
• 3rd stay: 2,000 bonus miles
• 4th stay: 2,000 bonus miles
• 5th stay +: – members will then be awarded the standard stay miles only on their 5th and any subsequent stays.
3. Up to a maximum of 6,000 Alitalia Bonus Miles can be claimed during this promotional period of 2nd October and 31st January 2013.
4. Alitalia Miles accrued and awards issued are subject to Mille Miglia Terms and Conditions
5. Offer is subject to availability at participating Hilton Worldwide Hotels & Resorts for stays completed between 2nd October – 31st January 2013.
6. Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™, and redemption of Points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions