Bangkok Airways has a new bonus offer in 2013 to celebrate the airlines 45th anniversary. You will not only get double points for all the flights taken in your birth month but also 45 bonus points for a flight taken in your birthday! You can read more about this offer here.
I have written about Bangkok Airways previously. If you travel around Thailand and especially to/from Koh Samui (they happen to own the airport there), it is very difficult to avoid Bangkok Airways. They also have a half price award sale once or twice a year that is good deal for domestic flights (no fuel surcharges).
You get bonus points for signing up to their program, you may get surveys after flights (you get bonus points for taking them), and you get an extra luggage allowance for just being the program member and checking in online.
So, this easily turns to a free flight for every couple of flights you take and there is really no downside for being a member. 45 bonus points for taking their flight on your birthday is also a nice bonus.
Bangkok Airways is not a low coast carrier. They provide a full service on all of their flights and even have a lounge that all of their passengers can use. There is a separate lounge for business class and FlyerBonus Premier members.
Here are the terms and conditions of this birthday bonus offer:
FlyerBonus members and Bangkok Airways are sharing this special occasion with irresistible offers. Members traveling on their birth date will receive 45 BONUS points on top of the standard points accumulated. DOUBLE points are also on offer for members traveling on any other day during their birth month. All we need to see in return is your big smile.
Validity: From January 1 to December 31, 2013
Terms and Conditions
- This offer only applies to those members who travel on Bangkok Airways Flights.
- This offer only applies to members whose membership approval status has been recorded and confirmed prior to the traveling date.
- FlyerBonus, under any circumstances, will not take responsibility for any unsuccessful member registrations on the FlyerBonus website (http://www.flyerbonus.com)
- A 45 bonus points offer on flight taken per member will be added on top of standard points earned when traveling on your birth date.
- Members who attempt to claim bonus points while traveling outside of their birth date will not be eligible.
- Members will be credited for double points earned when traveling during their birth month period.
- The double bonus offer will be calculated from flight base points that are subject to the class of booking.
- Should there be any other FlyerBonus bonus point promotions on offer, FlyerBonus members will earn FlyerBonus points at the amount of points offered to all members, whichever is more. For example, Members who travel between Chiang Mai and Bangkok route on their birth date will be credited for normal points earn plus 45 extra bonus points on top only excluding the double points earn.
- Bonus points on offer will be credited to members’ accounts within 30 working days after the activity done.
- Missing bonus points can not be claimed after flight taken.
- This offer is not applicable for flight activity on award tickets/non-revenue tickets booked in the classes of S, X and Z
- Bonus points do not count towards membership status.
- Birth date alterations after initial enrolment are permitted with applicable legal documentation clearly indicating accurate birth date. Requests can be made by submitting a certified true copy of the member’s identification card or passport via facsimile +66 (0) 2273 8436.
- Bangkok Airways reserves its absolute right at any time to add, alter, modify, change or vary any or all of the terms and conditions stated herein.
- In case of any disputes, the decision of Bangkok Airways is final.
- All other Terms and Conditions of FlyerBonus apply.
To receive a special bonus points offer, Members need to accurately quote their FlyerBonus Membership Number and state their intention to collect Bonus FlyerBonus points every time a reservation is made with Bangkok Airways. Membership cards need to also be presented at Check-In counter.