Oneworld alliance top tier frequent fliers have been in disadvantage compared to their Star Alliance equivalent ones when it came to extra luggage allowance based on the frequent flier status.
Now, Oneworld alliance has announced that both extra luggage allowance (one piece or extra 20 kilos) will apply across all Oneworld alliance carriers and passengers will also have an access to fast track security lanes where available.
These added benefits will apply for Oneworld Emerald members:
- airberlin topbonus Platinum cardholders.
- American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum.
- British Airways Executive Club Gold.
- Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club Diamond.
- Finnair Plus Platinum.
- Iberia Plus Platinum.
- Japan Airlines Mileage Bank (JMB) Diamond and JAL Global Club (JGC) Premier.
- LAN’s LANPASS Comodoro.
- Malaysia Airlines Enrich Platinum, from midnight tonight.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer Platinum One and Platinum.
- Royal Jordanian Royal Plus Platinum.
- S7 Priority Platinum.
Most of the alliance carriers have already given extra luggage allowance for these members, but it has never been an official policy of the alliance.
You will get one additional piece of luggage on flights where PIECE concept applies or 20 kilos where WEIGHT concept applies. This is in addition to the higher allowance for business and first class customers.
The fast track security can come handy in places like Bangkok or pretty much any airport in the United States. You can read more about this change on Oneworld alliance’s website here.
it is good that they have made the extra luggage allowance and fast track security official benefits of the Emerald members of the Oneworld alliance.