If you have been planning on flying Etihad Airways, you may have come across their offer for a first night free offer. This is valid for stays of minimum of two nights that is in conjunction of Etihad flight in/out of Abu Dhabi. It is not valid for trips originating or ending in the city, however.
Etihad has had this same offer for the past year and they have now renewed it until November 30, 2013. This offer is valid for tickets issued after December 1, 2012. You can read more about this offer on Etihad’s website here.
Here’s the list of participating hotels and the second night price per person when two sharing:
The prices of these hotel accommodation look fantastic until you realize that it is per person based on two people sharing and that you have to double the price. Still, some of these prices are quite good, but won’t qualify for hotel stay credit/points due to requirement to book through a Hala Abu Dhabi travel agency.
Abu Dhabu is definitely worth seeing at least once. I have been there several times. It is not as glitzy as Dubai but feels more original.
Here are the terms and conditions associated with this offer:
• The Offer is available to all guests travelling on Etihad Airways return flights to all destinations where the final destination is beyond Abu Dhabi.
• To qualify, bookings must be created between 1st December 2012 and 30 November 2013. All Stopovers must be completed by 30 November 2013, with no exceptions.
• The offer expires 1st December 2013 and the offer will not be valid from this date onwards. This offer is only valid for new bookings.
• This offer is valid for any new bookings made after 1st December 2012 in any booking subclass within Diamond First, Pearl Business or Coral Economy Class.
• There is a minimum 2 nights stay required, and additional nights must be purchased consecutively to the offer and must be taken and the stay fully completed within the same offer and travel period.
• Prices and rates offered are starting prices, and are per person per night based on twin share. The final pricing is subject to availability and seasonality.
• The Offer is subject to daily hotel, tours and attractions allocation and as a result, are subject to availability. Hotel preference is on a ‘first come, first served basis’ and cannot be guaranteed.
• To be eligible for the Offer and additional nights at the preferential rates, your hotel reservation must be made directly through the Hala Abu Dhabi team by completing the online form at www.etihad.com/stopovers
• The Offer is a voluntary promotion run by Etihad Airways and can be withdrawn at any time at the discretion of the airline.
• Offer is only valid if all sectors are flown on Etihad operated or marketed flights or connecting on Etihad operated flights.
• The stopover conditions of the applicable fare paid must be adhered to when booking the Offer. On some tickets a charge is applicable if you choose to stopover in the U.A.E. Please read the terms and conditions on your ticket carefully. In addition, you may be liable for an extra departure tax owed for your stop in the UAE.
• Participating hotels in Abu Dhabi are shown on www.etihad.com/stopovers
• Partially completed travel will result in the commercial value of the Offer being deducted from any refund claimed on the remaining unused airfare.
• All accommodation must be pre-booked prior to prior to commencing the first leg of the journey and cannot be requested on departure or once the journey has commenced. Hotel reservations must be made a minimum of 72 hours prior to departure for the request to be processed. This is not a guarantee of confirmation. Any reservations made directly with a hotel does not qualify for the offer and cannot be amended by Etihad Airways & Hala Abu Dhabi without exception.
• This Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion run by Etihad or the participating hotels. Hotel accommodation is subject to availability and Etihad reserves the right to offer an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
• No liability will be accepted where flight bookings have been made and/or tickets issued if no hotel availability exists.
• Hotel occupancy is up to a maximum of two adults will be offered on bed and breakfast basis for the qualifying number of nights. Free accommodation will be available on a bed and breakfast basis (single or double occupancy) and will include all municipality fees and service charges. It will not be possible to upgrade to a higher class of room/suite. Child supplement rates apply.
• All extra charges incurred to be paid directly (meals, laundry, room service, telephone etc.) to the hotel upon check-out, a credit card will be requested upon check-in as security against other services which are offered at an additional charge.
• In the event of cancellation, please contact the Hala Abu Dhabi team on firstname.lastname@example.org Cancellation charges apply where a full 72 hours notice has not been received prior to arrival at the hotel. Tours and Attractions are subject to availability at the time of booking. The ‘2 for the price of 1’ Tours and Attractions offers must be booked in conjunction with the hotels offer and cannot be booked independently from the hotel booking.
• Additional nights can be booked via the booking form at www.etihad.com/stopovers
• Additional nights may be taken consecutively to free nights offer and must be taken and stay fully completed within the same offer period. For any nights that do not fall within the specified periods, the best rate available will be offered.
• Offer is valid either to or from Abu Dhabi and can be utilized on both directions.
• The offer is does not apply to one-way journeys where the return flights are not traveled on Etihad or Etihad marketed flights.
• This offer is not valid for infants or children.
• Offer is not valid for seats purchased either partially or fully in Etihad Guest Miles or any other frequent flyer currency for flight rewards tickets, award upgrades, or a fare excluding taxes as part of a cash plus miles promotion. The ‘free accommodation’ must be used in conjunction with qualifying Etihad flights.
• This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other promotional offer.
• Visas are not provided within this promotion. Obtaining relevant UAE visas are the responsibility of the Guest.
• ‘2 for 1’ tours and attractions and additional night’s offers are not eligible for group bookings.