W Hotels has a new offer for Delta SkyMiles members. You can earn 1000 bonus miles for your stay + 2 cocktails by booking WHMILES rate plan and staying between April 9 and July 9, 2013. You can access SPG’s website for this promotion here.
You must have your airline auto deposit activated and have Delta as the partner airline to be eligible for the bonus miles. You can activate this transfer here. Note that you need to contact SPG, if you later want to cancel this auto deposit to airline miles.
Here’s rate display for W Fort Lauderdale:
The Delta 1000 bonus miles offer is more than $50 more expensive than the AAA rate. 1000 Delta mils are worth maybe $10 considering the difficulty of using them reasonably.
This offer likely rarely, if ever, makes any sense. Why would you pay for a rate that is a lot higher just to get some 1000 bonus miles AND you have to activate the earning of SkyMiles instead of Starpoints for all your SPG stays?
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
Offer is valid at participating W Hotels in North America
- Offer is valid for stays booked and completed between April 9, 2013 – July 9, 2013.
- Offer includes 1,000 bonus airline miles per stay plus two cool cocktails at the Living Room Bar
- Upgrade available upon booking for an additional cost.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to receive alcohol offer, non alcoholic beverages may be substituted on request. Hotel follows responsible beverage service principles and reserves the right at any time to deny service of alcohol to patrons
- To receive miles in lieu of Starpoints®, recipient must participate in the Airline Direct Deposit SM portion of the Starwood Preferred Guest program. With Airline Direct Deposit, Starpoints earned from eligible hotel stays and select bonus offers will be converted automatically into miles, will be credited to your Delta Air Lines SkyMiles account and may not be transferred back to your SPG account. If recipient does not participate in Airline Direct Deposit, Starpoints will be earned in the Starwood Preferred Guest program.
- Members may select Delta Air Lines SkyMiles as their currency of choice at SPG.com/moremiles.
- 1,000 bonus miles per stay will be credited to the member’s account within 4-6 weeks of the stay posting to the member’s Starwood Preferred Guest account.
- Advance reservations are required and should be made using Rate Plan WHMILES.
- Cancellation policies may vary by participating property. Please refer to Terms & Details during booking for more information.
- An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-in or check-outs that occur.
- Rates are per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and availability at time of reservation and do not include additional per room, per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes.
- A limited number of rooms may be available at these rates.
- Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.
- Offer not applicable to groups.
- Not to be combined with other offers or promotions and subject to change.
- Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
Starpoints, SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, Le Méridien, The Luxury Collection, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.