The registration is now open for SPG’s Double Take promotion that is valid for stays between May 1 and July 31, 2013. You can register for this promotion here by June 30th.
The promotion is for double Starpoints at participating properties. Remember to check the non-participating locations for this promotion at the end of the article.
Starwood has an app booking component for the same promo period. You will receive 500 bonus Starpoints per stay that is booked using SPG’s iPhone or Android apps. This bonus is valid at all SPG participating Starwood hotels. The exclusion list below is not applicable.
This is fairly typical SPG promotion, but watch for those properties that have decided not to participate. The list is rather long. Double points promotion is rather weak and doesn’t make me to have any more stays at Starwood properties than would have happened anyway.
Here is the list of properties that have decided not to participate:
- Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa, Noosa Heads, Queensland
- Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel
- Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan
- Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport, Richmond, British Columbia
- Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon Hotel, Saskatchewan
- Sheraton Parkway Toronto North Hotel & Suites, Richmond Hill, Ontario
- The Westin Prince, Toronto, Ontario
- The Westin Trillium House, Blue Mountain, Blue Mountains, Ontario
- Aloft Beijing, Haidian, Beijing
- Aloft Nanhai, Foshan, Guangdong
- Aloft Zhengzhou Shangjie, Henan
- Sheraton Bailuhu Resort, Huizhou, Guangdong
- Sheraton Shunde Hotel, Foshan, Guangdong
- Sheraton Tianjin Binhai Hotel, Tianjin
- Sheraton Tianjin Hotel, Tianjin
- Sheraton Urumqi Hotel, Xinjiang
- Sheraton Yantai Golden Beach Resort, Shandong
- Four Points by Sheraton Cali
- Four Points by Sheraton Medellin
- Sheraton Bogota Hotel
- Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel
- Sheraton Presidente San Salvador Hotel
- Le Méridien Nice
- Le Méridien Stuttgart
- Sheraton Essen Hotel
- Sheraton Hanover Pelikan Hotel
- Sheraton Munich Arabellapark Hotel
- Sheraton Munich Westpark Hotel
- The Westin Bellevue, Dresden
- The Westin Leipzig
- Mystique, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Santorini
- Le Méridien Budapest
- Aloft Bengaluru Whitefield
- Le Méridien New Delhi
- The Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
- The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace
- The Westin Pune Koregaon Park
- The Westin Awaji Island Resort and Conference Center
- The Westin Osaka
- Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers
- Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel & Towers
- Four Points by Sheraton Kuwait
- Sheraton Kuwait Hotel & Towers
- Le Méridien Vilnius
- Four Points by Sheraton Kuching
- Sheraton Ambassador Hotel, Monterrey
- Le Méridien Beach Plaza, Monte Carlo
- Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort – An All-Inclusive Resort, Santa Clara
- Hotel Paracas, a Luxury Collection Resort
- Tambo del Inka Hotel, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado
- The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center
- Sheraton Sopot Hotel, Conference Center & Spa
- Sheraton Palace Hotel, Moscow
- Le Méridien Al Khobar
- Sheraton Riyadh Hotel & Towers
- Sheraton Towers Singapore
- Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Mallorca
- Le Méridien Barcelona
- Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort Canary Isle
- The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort
- W Barcelona
- Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
- Le Méridien Taipei
- Sheraton Hsinchu Hotel, Taiwan, Zhubei City
- W Taipei
- Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15
- Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel
- Sheraton Ankara Hotel & Convention Center
- Sheraton Cesme Hotel, Resort and Spa, Izmir
- Sheraton Istanbul Ataköy Hotel
- W Istanbul
United Arab Emirates
- Grosvenor House, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Dubai
- Le Méridien Al Aqah Beach Resort, Fujairah
- Le Méridien Dubai
- Le Méridien Fairway, Dubai
- Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai
- Le Royal Méridien Beach Resort & Spa, Dubai
- The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
- Le Méridien Piccadilly, London
- Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh
- Sheraton Park Tower, London
- The Lanesborough, a St. Regis Hotel, London
- The Park Lane Hotel, London
- W London — Leicester Square, London
- Four Points by Sheraton Huntsville Airport
- The Westin Huntsville
- Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort
- Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs
- Sheraton Anaheim Hotel
- Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel
- Sheraton San Jose Hotel, Milpitas
- Sheraton Sunnyvale Hotel
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles
- The Westin Palo Alto
- Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel, Greenwood Village
- Aloft Tallahassee Downtown
- Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
- Sheraton Jacksonville Hotel
- Four Points by Sheraton Historic Savannah
- Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers
- The Tremont Chicago Hotel at Magnificent Mile, Chicago
- The Westin Chicago River North
- The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
- The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago
- W Chicago – City Center
- Four Points by Sheraton Louisville Airport
- Sheraton Metairie – New Orleans Hotel
- The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport – BWI, Linthicum Heights
- Le Méridien Cambridge-MIT
- The Liberty Hotel, Boston
- The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
- The Westin Southfield Detroit
- Sheraton Duluth Hotel
- The Westin Minneapolis
- Four Points by Sheraton Biloxi Beach Boulevard
- Element Omaha Midtown Crossing
- Element Las Vegas Summerlin
- Element Ewing Princeton
- Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel, Weehawken
- Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
- Aloft New York Brooklyn
- Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge
- Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, New York
- Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, New York
- Four Points by Sheraton Midtown – Times Square, New York
- Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls
- Le Parker Méridien New York
- Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel
- The St. Regis New York
- Aloft Asheville Downtown
- Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
- Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls
- The Westin Portland
- Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
- Four Points by Sheraton Pittsburgh North
- Le Méridien Philadelphia
- Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel
- Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel, King of Prussia
- The Westin Philadelphia
- Aloft Nashville West End
- Aloft Nashville-Cool Springs, Franklin
- Sheraton Music City Hotel, Nashville
- Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
- Aloft Austin at The Domain
- Aloft Dallas Downtown
- Aloft Frisco
- Aloft Las Colinas, Irving
- Aloft Plano
- Four Points by Sheraton Galveston
- Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport
- Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hotel & Suites, Memorial City
- Four Points by Sheraton Houston Southwest
- Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Airport
- Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Northwest
- Sheraton Houston West Hotel
- The Westin Houston, Memorial City
- Aloft Winchester
- The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, Herndon
- Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center
- The Westin Bellevue
Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel & Spa
Here are the frequently asked questions by SPG about this promotion:
When can I register for the promotion?
SPG members must register by June 30, 2013, midnight Eastern time (ET), thereafter referred to as the “registration period.”
Can anyone register for this promotion?
Any member may register at spg.com/doubletake. A non-member may join the complimentary SPG program and register simultaneously, also at spg.com/doubletake.
What are the dates during which I can earn bonus Starpoints®?
Each registered member may earn bonus Starpoints for eligible paid stays from May 1, 2013, through July 31, 2013, hereafter referred to as the “promotion period.”
Will eligible stays or nights prior to registration count toward my earning?
Yes, as long as the member registers by June 30, 2013 any eligible paid stays from May 1, 2013, through July 31, 2013, will count toward earning.
How can I earn double Starpoints?
A registered member will earn double Starpoints on eligible stays at hotels and resorts participating in the promotion during the promotion period.
How can I earn the mobile web and mobile app booking bonus?
Registered members are eligible to receive 500 bonus Starpoints for each completed stay during the promotion period that was booked through a Starwood mobile website or mobile app. The following channels are included: SPG.mobi, Sheraton.mobi, Westin.mobi, StRegis.mobi, WHotels.mobi, Alofthotels.mobi, Elementhotels.mobi, Luxurycollection.mobi, FourPoints.mobi, LeMeridien.mobi, the SPG App for iPhone®, the Chinese SPG App for iPhone, the SPG App for Android™, the SPG App for BlackBerry and the W Hotels App for iPhone. Please note tablet bookings made through the SPG App for iPhone or SPG App for Android will also qualify for the 500 Starpoints bonus, but tablet bookings made through a web browser will not qualify.
At which Starwood hotels and resorts am I eligible to earn my reward?
A member may earn double Starpoints at more than 1,000 participating properties worldwide. To view the complete list of hotels and resorts not participating in the stay offer, visit spg.com/doubletake. The booking bonus of 500 bonus Starpoints can be earned by booking and completing an eligible paid stay at any hotel or resort that participates in the SPG program. A list of hotels and resorts that do not participate in the SPG program can be found at spg.com/t&c Section 1.2.
Is there a list of participating hotels and resorts for the mobile web and mobile app booking bonus?
No, all hotels and resorts that participate in the SPG program are eligible for the mobile web and mobile app booking bonus, regardless of whether the property is participating in the SPG Double Take promotion. A list of hotels and resorts that do not participate in the SPG program can be found at spg.com/t&c Section 1.2.
What qualifies as an eligible paid stay?
An eligible paid stay is any night at an SPG participating hotel or resort paying a qualifying rate that earns Starpoints as defined by the Terms & Conditions of the SPG Program (spg.com/t&c). Stays booked through pre-paid third-party channels, such as orbitz.com, expedia.com, travelocity.com, delta.com, etc., are not eligible rate plans, and so the member may not earn Starpoints and will not qualify for any bonus offer.
How many Starpoints do I earn with double Starpoints?
With double Starpoints, a member will earn four total Starpoints per eligible US$1 spent. Elite-level extra Starpoint earnings and other bonuses will not be doubled. Only the base two-Starpoints-per-dollar earnings are doubled. There is no limit to the number of Starpoints a member can earn.
If part of my stay was reserved using a Free Night Award or SPG® Cash & Points, will my stay qualify?
No, Free Night Awards and Cash & Points do not count as qualifying stays for this promotion. Even if part of the stay is reserved using an Award and part is paid, the member will not receive bonus Starpoints for any part of the stay.
If I check in before May 1, 2013, or check out after July 31, 2013, does my stay earn the bonus?
Yes, as long as one night of the stay is within the promotion period, double Starpoints will be earned on every night during the entire stay (even if part of the stay falls outside the promotion period). The stay will also receive the mobile web or mobile app booking bonus if applicable.
When will bonus Starpoints post to my account?
Bonus Starpoints will post to the registered member’s account within 2–4 weeks of each eligible paid stay posting. Bonus Starpoints for the mobile web or mobile app booking bonuses will post within 3 weeks of the end of the promotion period.
Will I earn stay and night credits toward elite status?
A member will earn stay and night credits as he or she normally does while earning bonus Starpoints.
Can I take advantage of other bonus promotions at the same time?
Yes. However, each promotion earns bonuses independently of each other.
If I booked my stay prior to the promotion period, are my stays eligible for the mobile web and mobile app booking bonus?
Bookings made through an eligible mobile web or mobile app channel prior to the promotion period are eligible, but only eligible stays consumed by a registered member during the promotion period will receive bonus Starpoints.
Will I receive the booking bonus if I originally booked through an eligible mobile web or mobile app channel, but then modified my reservation through a different channel?
Yes, if the original booking was made through an eligible mobile web or mobile app channel, members will receive the bonus even if the reservation is modified through a different channel.
If I modify an existing booking through an eligible mobile web or mobile app channel, will I receive the booking bonus?
Regardless of where a reservation is modified, members will receive a booking bonus only if the booking was originally made through an eligible mobile web or mobile app channel.
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
SPG Double Take Promotion Terms and Conditions
Text Message Reminders: SPG® members who reside in the U.S. or U.K. can opt to receive a text message reminder to register for the promotion when the registration window opens. Submit keyword “DBLT” to 44264 in the U.S to opt in. Submit keyword “DBLT” to 447950080934 in the U.K. to opt in. Opted-in members will receive three text messages from Starwood for this campaign. One message will be sent right after opting in asking you to respond with keyword “YES” to verify that you would like to receive the reminder text. Once you do so, you will also get a text confirming that you have been opted in. Then when the promotion is live, you will get the reminder text with registration information. Message and data rates apply. Supported carriers in the U.S. are AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, Nextel, Boost, U.S. Cellular and Alltel. Supported carriers in the U.K are Three, O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Virgin and Vodafone. If your mobile operator is not participating, you may not receive a reply to your message. To receive help information, text “DBLT HELP” to short code 44264 in the U.S, or text “DBLT HELP” to 447950080934 if located in the U.K. You may also opt-out at any time by sending “DBLT STOP” to 44264 if in the U.S., or by sending “DBLT STOP” to 447950080934 if located in the U.K. We will not share or use your mobile number for any other purpose. We will only use information you provide to transmit your text message.
Registration: Once registration opens, SPG members will have until June 30, 2013, midnight Eastern Time (ET), to register at spg.com/doubletake. Registered members can earn bonus Starpoints® for every eligible stay between May 1, 2013, and July 31, 2013 (the “promotion period”), at more than 1,000 participating Starwood hotels and resorts. A list of non-participating properties can be found at spg.com/doubletake and is subject to change.
Earning: Registered members will earn double Starpoints on eligible stays at participating properties during the promotion period. Members who earn double Starpoints will earn an additional two Starpoints per eligible US$1 spent (for a total of four Starpoints per dollar). Elite-level extra Starpoint earnings and other bonuses will not be doubled. Only the base two-Starpoints-per-dollar earnings are doubled. There is no limit to the number of bonus Starpoints that can be earned during the promotion period.
Bonusing: Bonus Starpoints will post to the registered member’s account within 2–4 weeks after the qualifying stay posts.
Mobile Web/Mobile App Booking Bonuses: Registered members are eligible to receive 500 bonus Starpoints for completed stays during the promotion period that were booked through the spg.com mobile website, any Starwood hotel–branded mobile website, or any SPG mobile app (see the FAQs for a specific listing of eligible mobile web and mobile app channels). Bookings made prior to the promotion period are eligible, but only eligible stays consumed during the promotion period will receive bonuses. Registered members may earn a maximum of 500 bonus Starpoints per booking. Booking bonuses will post to the registered member’s account after the end of the promotion period. Booking bonuses are eligible at all properties that participate in the SPG program, regardless of whether the property is participating in the SPG Double Take promotion.
Eligible Stays: An Eligible Stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying an Eligible Rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur and post to the member’s Starwood Preferred Guest® account. Eligible Stays with at least one night in the earning period will receive a bonus. An Eligible Rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest program. A description of SPG-participating hotels, and resorts and of Eligible Stays and Eligible Rates, can be found at spg.com under Terms & Conditions of the SPG program. See Section 1.4 b iii for the complete definition of Eligible Rates, but note that certain prepaid rooms, where the booking is made through a third party (including but not limited to travelocity.com, expedia.com, orbitz.com and delta.com), are not Eligible Rates and do not earn Starpoints or qualify for promotional earnings.
Qualifications and Starwood Terms: All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at spg.com. Offer is applicable to individual members only and not to groups. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. To update your communication preferences or learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement on spg.com/privacy, or access our privacy information line by calling 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries. Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, Element, Sheraton, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates. Void where prohibited by law.