Bangkok Airways is about to launch their twice yearly 50% off FlyerBonus award sale on all Bangkok Airways routes except Chiang Mai to Koh Samui. You can access Bangkok Airways web page for this offer here.
This offer is valid for bookings made from May 15 to July 10, for travel between May 20 and July 15, 2013. Note that you need to make your award reservation and ticket it at least 5 days before of the scheduled flight.
Note that you need to pay the fuel surcharges that Bangkok Airways has on its international flights and mysterious award redemption fee of 600 THB on its domestic routes.
Here’s the breakdown what you can expect to pay on Bangkok to Maldives return trip in economy:
The fuel surcharge and taxes come to total of $158.10.
You may wonder, why I cover Bangkok Airways here on LoyaltyLobby? If you travel around Thailand and the nearby countries, Bangkok Airways is often a very good choice. It is often the only reasonable choice for trips involving Koh Samui island, as they own the airport htere.
It is very easy to collect their FlyerBonus points and they seem to have all sort of specials from after flight surveys to birthday bonus etc. that earn you points.
I have redeemed FlyerBonus points for Bangkok to Koh Samui flights couple of times.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- The 50% discount is only applicable for online redemptions booked through bangkokair.com/flyerbonus between May 15 and July 10, 2013.
- The valid travel period is between May 20 and July 15, 2012. Ticket validity extensions are not permitted in any case.
- The 50% discount is applicable for both one-way and round-trip online award redemptions.
- The 50% discount is applicable for all FlyerBonus Members and their Family & Friend nominees.
- The 50% discount is applicable only on the number of points required for an award ticket. Taxes and fees are charged separately and are not subject to any discount.
- Not valid with any other discount and promotion.
- All ticket redemptions are subject to seat availability at the time of booking.
- Award Tickets must be issued within 5 days of the redemption date. If award tickets are not issued and/or any payment not completed within the allotted time limit provided on confirmation, the reservation(s) will be automatically cancelled.
- Cancellation on airline award redemptions and point re-depositing are not allowed.
- Unless otherwise stated above, other Terms and Conditions of FlyerBonus apply.
- Bangkok Airways reserves the right to change any conditions without prior notice.
- The 50% discount is applicable to all participating destinations.
- Non reroutable and Flight Date change is NOT permitted(No reservation change).
Award redemption and award booking must be completed online at least 5 days before the date of travel. Open dated tickets are not permitted.