United Airlines has a new Mileage Plus Buy Miles-offer for 40% discount off of the mileage purchases greater than 25,000 miles. This offer that you can access only using this link is valid until June 30, 2013. This offer is open for all.
You can buy or gifted maximum of 100,000 miles per calendar year.
United has run number of buy miles-campaigns throughout the year and this is the maximum discount they have had for a while.
The price of a mile purchased under this offer is 2.26 cents each, when done in larger quantities.United has been selling unlimited award miles for 2.1 cents by taking advantage of the Award/Premier Accelerator that I have previously written about.
If you are not sure if buying miles makes sense for you, there is a piece that I wrote about this subject “When Does It Makes Sense To Buy Airline Miles”.
I value United miles higher than US Airways or American Airlines ones. This is mainly due to numerous connection options, flexible routings, number of Star Alliance carriers and stopovers.
You can have a double open jaw + stopover in return itineraries. I am also a huge fan of being able to book most of the award itineraries online at United.com without having to call reservations.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This offer is only available by visiting united.com/buymilesmailoffer
- Discount can be used multiple times while the promotion is valid
- These miles can only be used for awards and do not count toward Premier® status.
- Total cost will include a 7.5% federal excise tax.
- You can purchase up to 100,000 award miles per calendar year per account.
- A minimum purchase of 2,000 award miles per account is required for this offer.
- Miles are available in increments of 1,000 miles.
- Credit card will be billed immediately upon purchase.
- Program fees and mileage rates subject to change.
- Allow 48 hours for miles to process and post to your MileagePlus account.
- Miles are nonrefundable.
- Promotional offer valid until 11:59 p.m. CT on June 30, 2013.