The U.S. Travel Association’s Daily Getaways has just released the list for available items for the first two weeks; June 10 to 14 and June 17 to 21.
As usually, you can save extra 10% by paying using an American Express credit card. You can access U.S. Travel Association’s website fr Daily Getaways here.
Daily Getaways First Week June 10 to 14
– $100 Marriott Gift Card for $80 – 410 available – max 5
– $500 Marriott Gift Card for $445 – 308 available – max 2
– $1000 Marriott Gift Card for $890 – 75 available – max 1
– Worldwide Premier Award $261 – 1000 available – max 5
– Worldwide Ultimate Award $467 – 1000 available – max 5
The only thing that interests me on the first week are the Marriott gift cards at 11% discount off of the face value.
You could call it a deal IF you use an American Express branded credit card to pay for extra 10% discount bringing the total discount off of the face value to 21%
Marriott usually has promotion for buying gift cards few times a year from extra airline miles, to 10% discount or premium loaded to a card. Normally, these purchases are codes as Marriott ones and earn you the 5 points per dollar charges, when paid using Marriott branded Chase credit card. Purchases made through Daily Getaways are not eligible for this.
Daily Getaways Second Week June 17 to 21
– 100,00 Club Carlson Gold Points for $385 – 71 available – max 2
– 50,000 Club Carlson Gold Points for $194 – 142 available – max 2
Buying Club Carlson Gold Points can make sense under this offer but only if you use them for top of the line Radisson properties, when the daily rates are really high. Otherwise, you are better off just by paying and collecting the points and possible bonuses.
– Avis Chairman’s Club Membership for $1,115 – 15 available – max 1
– Avis One Day Car Rental for $33 – 650 available – max 7
This Avis Chairman’s Club membership has been on my mind on previous years, but no longer makes sense, as I don’t rent rental cars for 300+ days per year. I used to use Avis a lot and this can be a god purchase if you rent almost exclusively from Avis.
These U.S. Travel Association’s Daily Getaways have been very popular in previous years and undoubtedly this will continue as well.
Just keep in mind that cash is usually king and that not all “deals” are worth participating to.