U.S. Travel Association’s Daily Getaways are now announced for the third week from June 24 to June 28, 2013.
As usually, you can save extra 10% by paying using an American Express credit card. You can access U.S. Travel Association’s website for Daily Getaways here.
Daily Getaways Third Week June 24 to 28
Best Western Rewards
– Best Western Rewards 10,000 points for $67 ($60.30) – 835 available – max 5
The price of a Best Western Rewards points is 0.67 cents or 0.603 cents when paid using Amex under this offer.
– Choice Privileges 20,000 points for $102 ($91.80) – 190 available – max 2
– Choice Privileges 32,000 points for $134 ($120.60) – 660 available – max 2
– Choice Privileges 36,000 points for $156 ($140.40) – 795 available – max 2
– Choice Privileges 40,000 points for $166 ($149.40) – 325 available – max 2
The price of a Choice Privileges point has always varied between the offers and this is the situation this time as well. The price is from 0.51 cents at the high end to 0.415 cent at the low end. You will get the usual 10% discount by paying Amex.
You can convert Choice Privileges points to airline miles. You could convert to airline miles and essentially buy them at 1.87 each IF you buy at the 0.415 cents level and get the additional 10% discount for paying using Amex.
Other option would be to convert these to Southwest Rapid Rewards. The price of a Rapid Rewards point under this offer is 1.245 cents each ((0.415 * 0.9 * 6000)/1800). If you use these for Wanna Getaway Fares, the value of a Rapid Rewards point is 1.67 cents each.
Choice Privileges has occasional hotel award sale for only 8000 points per night. These tend to come and go, but do include some expensive destinations such as Rome.
You can also use Choice points for Preferred Group hotels from 30,000 to 60,000 points per night. There are quite a few very nice high end properties that could be good deals.
IHG Rewards Club
– IHG Rewards Club 50,000 points for $325 ($292.50) – 1250 available – max 4
– IHG Rewards Club 15,000 points for $100 ($90) – 2500 available – max 4
– IHG Rewards Club 25,000 points for $167 ($150.30) – 2000 available – max 4
– IHG Rewards Club 100,000 points for $630 ($567) – 1000 available – max 3
IHG Rewards Club has a very high number packages available at this time. The price of a points varies from low 0,63 cents to 0,67 cents without Amex. The price with the Amex is as low as 0.567 cents per points. This is the lowest price that you can buy IHG Rewards Club points.
Both the Choice Privileges and IHG Rewards Club points are fair deal under this offer if you use Amex to pay. The number of packages that IHG Rewards Club has available under this offer is very high.