Avianca’s LifeMiles has a new promotion for buying miles and getting 100% bonus. Last time LifeMiles had such a promo was this past spring in April.
The maximum number of LifeMiles that you can buy during the calendar year is maxed at 150,000 miles. The bonus miles do count towards this annual limit. You can access this offer of Avianca’s website here.
The regular price of a mile is 3 cents and during this promo it is lowered to 1.5 cents each taking into account the 100% bonus.
You can later purchase more miles during the award ticket issuance process using LifeMiles Cash + Miles option
Word of warning
Avianca changed the LifeMiles award chart without any notice few days after the previous sale and again changed the price of the Cash + Miles option the following week. First LifeMiles claimed that there hadn’t been any changes, but later admitted that there had.
I have zero faith that this program would give any prior notice about any of the program changes that they may institute in the future. I would only buy miles that I would know for sure that I would use in the next 6 months.
Avianca’s LifeMiles are sometimes good option for Star Alliance award ticket issuance, but the spring debacle left a sour taste about the integrity of the program in the long run.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- This promotion is available through Avianca Call Centers, LifeMiles.com and Avianca Information Centers, except Colombia where is available only through the Call Center and LifeMiles.com.
- This promotion is available between August 1st, and August 30th, 2013, as the last date of purchase.
- Maximum miles to buy per transaction: LM75,000.
- Minimum of miles to buy per transaction: LM1,000.
- Maximum miles to buy during a calendar year: LM150,000.
- Miles must be purchased in multiples of 1,000.
- Maximum number of transactions: 1 transaction.
- At LifeMiles.com, the purchase can only be done through Earn/Buy LifeMiles. Does not apply to the Flexible Redemption (miles + money) during the payment process of air ticket redemption.
- The amount for purchase of miles is not refundable.
- Each package of 1,000 miles costs USD 35, 40, including all taxes applicable to each country *.
- For Venezuela residents: each package of 1,000 miles costs USD 50,oo plus local taxes of 12% IVA, for a total cost of USD 56,oo. The values are settled at the current exchange rate to Bolivares Fuertes.
- Form of payment through Call Center and LifeMiles.com: International credit or debit card. Cash payments are only allowed at Avianca Information Centers.
- The cost per block of 1,000 miles may vary according to the country or channel of purchase.
- Applies only to members enrolled in the program prior to August 1st, 2013.
- The miles purchase transaction receipt will show the total of miles credited to the customer’s account, including bonus, and the total amount charged for the transaction.
- The miles bought and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve Elite status
- The amount paid for the miles’ purchase is not refundable.
- The miles are not endorsable.
- Miles purchased, once accrued, can be redeemed in accordance with the conditions specified in the LifeMiles’ Program Terms and Conditions and the portfolio of products and services available for redemption.
- LifeMiles Terms and Conditions apply.