United just sent out targeted offers that may have variable bonus amounts for select MileagePlus members. The offer that I received had the maximum discount of 25% for buying more than 10,000 miles.
Note that, as this is targeted offer, there is no direct link to the offer. (Not that anybody should buy at this price anyway.)
The price of a mile under this offer is 2.82 cents each. This is NOT a good offer and you shouldn’t price at this price. You can always buy United miles using the Award/Premier Accelerator (read more here) for around 2.1 cents.
You really should pass this offer. If you need to buy miles, just use the Award Accelerator or wait until a better offer is around later this year.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Minimum purchase of 3,000 miles required for this promotional pricing.
- Buy 3,000 to 9,000 miles and receive a 15% discount, or buy 10,000 miles or more for a 25% discount.
- Displayed price includes all discounts and taxes. Offer valid only for account number listed below in #1.
- Purchase up to 100,000 miles per account per calendar year.
- Miles are available in increments of 1,000 miles.
- Credit card will be billed immediately upon purchase.
- Mileage rates and other applicable fees are subject to change.
- Allow 48 hours for miles to process and post to your MileagePlus account.
- Miles are nonrefundable.
- Promotional offer valid until 11:59 p.m. CT (Chicago local time) on Aug 16, 2013.
- Purchased miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier® status.
- All MileagePlus Program Rules and terms and conditions apply.