British Airways has just released a new offer for bonus Avios this fall for transatlantic travel on British Airways, American Airlines, Iberia, and OpenSkies in World Traveller Plus, Business and First Class between September 1 and December 19, 2013. British Airways long-haul flights worldwide are eligible for this offer.
You will earn 15,000 bonus Avios for every two sectors in World Traveller Plus or 30,000 bonus for every two sectors in business or first class.
The terms and conditions indicate that the tickets that are purchased between August 20 and December 19, 2013, are eligible for this offer. You can access this offer by logging to your Executive Club account.
Noe that the terms and conditions of this offer may differ from market to market.
This offer is available for British Airways Executive Club accounts that have their address in: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City State, Malta, Gibraltar, Albania, Russian federation, Tunisia, Turkey, Israel, Belarus, Iceland, Moldova, Serbia, Ukraine, Morocco, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Algeria, Bosnia Herzegovina, Macedonia, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Uganda, Montenegro, Mali, Mauritius, Mozambique, Tanzania, Somalia, Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Botswana, Tome and principle, Seychelles, Senegal, Namibia, Sudan, Libya, Guinea.
British Airways has had similar offer in previous years, but this time it is limited to long-haul flights only. Maybe American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair launch similar bonus offers for fall travel as well?
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
This promotion is open to Members of the British Airways Executive Club (“Executive Club”), age 18 or above, locally enrolled and resident in one of the Eligible Countries listed below and persons resident in the mentioned countries who will join and register themselves as members of the Executive Club (“Members”), during the Promotional Period. British Airways (“BA”) reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Members. By taking part in this promotion, participating Members confirm that they accept the terms and conditions set out below.
2. Eligible Countries for this promotion are:
Andora, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City State, Malta, Gibraltar, Albania, Russian federation, Tunisia, Turkey, Israel, Belarus, Iceland, Moldova, Serbia, Ukraine, Morocco, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Algeria, Bosnia Herzegovina, Macedonia, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Uganda, Montenegro, Mali, Mauritius, Mozambique, Tanzania, Somalia, Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Botswana, Tome and principle, Seychelles, Senegal, Namibia, Sudan, Libya, Guinea.
3. To participate in this promotion, Members must (i) register for the promotion between 20 August and 19 December 2013 inclusive (“Registration Period”) either online at ba.com, keeping a printed copy of the registration confirmation or offline by calling their local Executive Club Service Centre, and after registering, (ii) book Qualifying Flights as specified in paragraph 4 between 20 August and 19 December 2013 inclusive and (iii) fly between 1 September and 19 December 2013 inclusive (“Promotional Period”). Qualifying Flights will only count towards the promotion if the flights have been booked on or after 20 August 2013.
4. A Qualifying Flight is a single sector flight (i) with a BA prefix on a BA operated service (ii) with a BA, AA, IB or AY prefix on JB transatlantic flights operated by American Airlines, Iberia or Finnair between the EU, Norway, Switzerland and North America, Mexico and Puerto Rico (iii) OpenSkies services from Paris Orly to Newark or New York JFK; in the following cabins and booking classes: British Airways First (F, A), Club World (J, C, D, R, I), World Traveller Plus (W, E, T); OpenSkies Biz Bed (J, C, D, R, I), Prem Plus (W, E, T); American Airlines First (F, A, P), Business (J, D, R, I); Iberia Business (J, C, D, R, I), Finnair Business (J,C,D,I)
5. A sector is a single eligible flight between the point of departure and final destination with no scheduled change of aircraft. A direct return flight counts as 2 sectors (ie: London – New York – London). If you connect to an onward flight, this will count as 4 sectors (ie: Lagos – London – New York – London – Lagos)
6. Members who change their travel arrangements after the date of booking will not be eligible for this promotion unless their revised travel arrangements also constitute the necessary Qualifying Flights.
7. Bonus Avios will be awarded as detailed below:
British Airways Club World & First American Airlines First & Business Iberia Business Finnair Business OpenSkies Biz Bed British Airways World Traveller Plus OpenSkies Prem Plus
For every 1 return or 2 sectors *(without upper limit) 30,000 30,000 30,000 30,000 30,000 15,000 15,000
8. All reward tickets are subject to applicable taxes, fees and surcharges that need to be paid by the Executive Club member.
9. Bonus Avios are awarded in addition to Avios earned normally for flights under the Executive Club Terms and Conditions. All Bonus Avios earned under this promotion will be credited automatically to Members’ accounts after completion of the Qualifying Flights. All Avios are issued subject to the Executive Club membership Terms and Conditions.
10. The following are not Qualifying Flights and this promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any offer, promotion, or deal including: (i) redemption bookings; (ii) travel agent discounted fares, child/infant fares or senior citizen fares, whether or not booked in one of the qualifying booking classes; (iii) bookings made with vouchers or coupons (e.g. shareholder’s discount coupon); (iv) tickets upgraded from any class other than Club World or World Traveller Plus.
11. Qualifying Flights are subject to availability and capacity control in the booking classes eligible for this promotion, and the number of seats available on each Qualifying Flight at a particular fare may be restricted. BA does not accept any responsibility in the event that a Member is unable to book a Qualifying Flight due to a lack of available seats at that fare.
12. Members must quote their Executive Club membership number when booking their Qualifying Flights and again at check-in for each sector flown during the Promotional Period. Failure to do this will result in Members not being credited the bonus Avios applicable for travel under this promotion.
13. All passengers are carried by BA in accordance with its General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage (copy available on ba.com, at “Privacy & Legal”) and the Notice and Conditions of Contract as stated on each flight ticket or itinerary, as provided.
14. BA reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms and conditions of this offer, without notice, in the event of a major catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, earthquake or any actual, anticipated, or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other similar event outside its reasonable control.
15. Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. This promotion is governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
16. All Avios issued are subject to the British Airways Executive Club Terms & Conditions.
17. The Promoter is British Airways Plc, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB (Registered Number 1777777).